My New Early Model PL400 w/ 4 Fin Heat Sink

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Guys, I have some 21196's i bought for 1.80 ea and some for 3.00 ea. Depends on how many you buy at a time. The least i buy is 200 at a time , 100 of each 96 and 95's.

No, you can not use 21196's for drivers...

Sorry guys i havent bought singles in years, outta touch i guess....

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
$4.75 is what we have them for. Less than anyone I know of. ON Semi recently jacked the prices for these a lot. Not sure why.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Got the driver TX. Thanks. I just have not gotten around to changing out the outputs. Just to be honest I rarely use the amp. EX 442 and the Fisher 500 are the daily drivers.

punchback

Journeyman
I just finished building the DC Protect board. I doubled checked my work and have a question.

Should R1 and R2 be 2.7 ohm or 2.7K ohm resistors? On the BOM the Mouser pn is 2.7K ohm but the description is 2.7 ohm.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Ed that's for the 700 DCP. We're dealing with the 400 flavor here.. Coincidentally I recall having a 400 DCP that would delay on power up, but also delay on power down. Figure that one out, LOL! Likely a bad protect chip which is what these 400 DCP's have instead of the discretes on the 700.

PB they should be 2.7 ohm. Looks like Don has the PN's for 2.7K's but R1 and R2 are both for the onboard Zobel.. and in series would be around 5.4 ohms which IIRC correctly was what Don originally spec'd with a single wirewound (might even have one from an old board I switched out).

283-2.7-RC should do it. You would pigtail the tops like a loop, so that the two are in series.

punchback

Journeyman
The funny thing is that they are $0.26 for 1-9 but 0.076 for 10-99?? If I bought the 4 I need I'd pay $1.04 but 10 pcs is $0.76. I bought 10...

punchback

Journeyman
Started to build up the WOA board. Was looking for my lead bending jigs and lo and behold the parts are already bent. Yay:toothy8::toothy8:! AND each group of parts has their silkscreen legend printed on the label. Nice! Easy to double check as you go. Nice kit!!!

The stock configuration of the PL400 is quasi complimentary, right? At this time I'm staying with the stock config. Maybe later I'll go to the full complimentary.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Started to build up the WOA board. Was looking for my lead bending jigs and lo and behold the parts are already bent. Yay:toothy8::toothy8:! AND each group of parts has their silkscreen legend printed on the label. Nice! Easy to double check as you go. Nice kit!!!

The stock configuration of the PL400 is quasi complimentary, right? At this time I'm staying with the stock config. Maybe later I'll go to the full complimentary.
Glad you like it.

Yes most all PL amps are Quasi Comp as stock.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yes. You received all the electronic documentation correct? Follow the Quasi-Comp tab on the BOM spreadsheet I sent you.