My new AKG K701 headphones

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Wow Miles!! Nice to have ya back around bud!! Love what you've done looks wise, I'd need to hear them against mine for a final assessment tho :)

Have you done any reworking/upgrades on the old 340 electrostat/dynamics??

Don't be a stranger, we've missed ya!!

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Wow Miles!! Nice to have ya back around bud!! Love what you've done looks wise, I'd need to hear them against mine for a final assessment tho :)

Have you done any reworking/upgrades on the old 340 electrostat/dynamics??

Don't be a stranger, we've missed ya!!
Thank you Stu...

I've done work on all variants of the 240 / 270 models, but I've never found a 340 in a decent condition which was worth to keep.

I believe there was an equivalent of the K-340 model rebranded as Philips (manufactured by AKG Austria), and although I never liked stuff by Philips I must admit
the latest Fidelio X2 is an exception to the rule and one of the nicest pair of headphones I own:

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have a pair of old Audiotechnicas I really like but alas my big Sony MDRs got a broken cord.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I wish I could repair that snapped cord, it's nowhere as easy as fixing the jack on an old 1/4" pair. They are excellent phones with a godawfully long cord and 1/8" jack (we are talking around six feet long, and I always had to tie up about 3 feet of cumbersome cord to use them with my PCs)

The ATs are 1/4" and heavier cabling.

And the Sony pair was about $3 and almost new at the thrift store.

You did get the sad news about Prince's former drummer from the NPG?