Minidisc Recordings

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Side 1: Bennie Green~ Back on the Scene(LP)

Side 2: Traffic~ When the Eagle Flies(LP)

Source: Audio Technica AT LP 240/ AT120E

Deck: Sony MDS JB9320 > Fuji MD/ dB -2 peak

fitz43

Sony MDS JB920 > Sony MDS JB930 >
Nick, I need a favor. I've just picked up an eBay MDS JB920 that was described as "Excellent". The dots that make up the letters on the display are of different intensity. If it displays "No Name" the dots in the second N on the angle (should be three) are of different intensity. The first N all three are bright, the second N only one is bright. Can your please confirm the visual on your display? I might have another misrepresented eBay item. Thanks, Doug

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Nick, I need a favor. I've just picked up an eBay MDS JB920 that was described as "Excellent". The dots that make up the letters on the display are of different intensity. If it displays "No Name" the dots in the second N on the angle (should be three) are of different intensity. The first N all three are bright, the second N only one is bright. Can your please confirm the visual on your display? I might have another misrepresented eBay item. Thanks, Doug
This could be a sign of wear and tear, or the unit was left on a lot which has worn out some dots on the display more than others. They fade over time. Give the unit a good work out and if it performs flawlessly I would not worry about the display.

fitz43

This could be a sign of wear and tear, or the unit was left on a lot which has worn out some dots on the display more than others. They fade over time. Give the unit a good work out and if it performs flawlessly I would not worry about the display.
Well, I guess I just have a different idea than the seller does of what "excellent" means. There are some cosmetic issues that weren't mentioned that I wasn't expecting as well. Compounding the problem is that I have to drag it home to give it a good work out. If I take it home, I might incur import duties. That all depends on what kind of day the customs agent is having. Are replacement displays still available?

Nick Danger

Twilight Eclipse Soundtrack

Source: Audio Technica AT LP240/ ATN120E

Deck: Sony MDS JB930 > Sony Neige/ dB -2 peak

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Speaking of tastes, I've seen all your Beautiful Singers photo album, all very nice indeed BUT WHERE IS KATE BUSH???

You've only had grape juice until you've experienced Kate, then you are properly drunk.

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
He doesn't say a whole lot.

Ben's MD recording of The Stampeders finally arrived yesterday.
Thanks so much Ben for the MD and these great Maxell's

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Im glad they finally arrived Pat. I was just about ready to start making another MD and send off 2 more XLII's. :laughing9: They really took their time getting that one out to you this time. Hope you enjoy the Stampeders and I'm sure youll make good use of those Maxells.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I haven't shown what I have recently received in MiniDisc blanks, but I assure you, Daren, the MDs are out there and available, locally, for me. Of course, I must thank Ben and Doug in helping me in that regard. And I still find a few at Innovative Audio. I'm set for at least another three years for MD Masters and MD mix exchanges.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A Pair From Ben

Hi all,

It has been some time since I posted here. I received two MD recordings from Ben this past Friday. I had been expecting just the single of a bootleg of Led Zeppelin that Ben had spoken of in another thread. And included with Ben's mailing packet, was a surprise MD recording of a band called "Chris Robinson Brotherhood." I knew what to mildly expect with Led Zeppelin, but CRB was new for me. As it happened, I played CRB, first, and I have had it in my portable Sony since receiving it. This is the band's first album, but I will be looking for more from them in their second album.

Thanks, Ben. I hope to offer up a video clip of some of the music, later.

Nando.

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
For those that havent already put it together, Chris Robinson, is the singer from The Black Crowes. Its a great album. Glad you enjoy it Nando.