Melos MA-222 Tube Preamp info needed

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Looks pretty basic Perry.
Now if I can figure out the voltages which are fed to the pre-amp box. Plus not knowing the output of the transformers makes it difficult. I suppose I could hook the transformer(s) up to 120vac and see what the pairs of windings are putting out. Without a load on the system it may not give me the info I need.

I know that we can use 6.3AC/or DC for the filament/heater

B+ can be +130VDC for the 6GK5 Phono tube
B+ can be +250VDC for the 6922 Triode tube

I think I saw a PS that is adjustable from 100VDC to 300VDC and 6.3 outputs so it might be doable.

HUH?????

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I guess I should just pull the PS board and make my own skizmo.....

I have a couple (2 on each side) unmarked Zener Diodes that I'll have to figure out what the hell they are. They are in the regulator circuit and marked

Motorola SZP 401 82 8240 which MAY be a part Melos had custom marked (???). They are in the TL783 regulator circuit (for short protection) and can they be deleted??? OR???

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I guess I should just pull the PS board and make my own skizmo.....

I have a couple (2 on each side) unmarked Zener Diodes that I'll have to figure out what the hell they are. They are in the regulator circuit and marked

Motorola SZP 401 82 8240 which MAY be a part Melos had custom marked (???). They are in the TL783 regulator circuit (for short protection) and can they be deleted??? OR???
No way custom made Perry

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm going through 800 pages of Motorola diodes

It says:
SZP

It appears to be a zener but I aint finding shit