Made a deal on PL700 and PL4000

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
The power supply might be affected if the mains went and the rail fuses didn't. I would lean towards the bridge rectifier. I have never seen a bad transformer, although it has hapoened.
Today ended up being “speaker day”. I did bring a scrap piece of MDF in the house and set up a work station on the kitchen table for PL surgery though. I have a pretty good handle on checking the power supply so I might do that quick. What did these use for a bridge rectifier? It just happens I have pic related in stock... NTE5326. I will also double check the rail fuses. I had the 5a wire filament automotive fuses in it. Years ago I really abused Linda, 8a flat filaments and popped them like popcorn yet I never blew a main...

gimme a little time to sort things, been busy as heck. I have to take advantage of my friends help with the speaker build and when I get into one of these amps I want to be able to focus on it as its basically my PL (electronics for that matter) cherry. Probably old hat you you guys but I could mess stuff up quick!

Attachments

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Today ended up being “speaker day”. I did bring a scrap piece of MDF in the house and set up a work station on the kitchen table for PL surgery though. I have a pretty good handle on checking the power supply so I might do that quick. What did these use for a bridge rectifier? It just happens I have pic related in stock... NTE5326. I will also double check the rail fuses. I had the 5a wire filament automotive fuses in it. Years ago I really abused Linda, 8a flat filaments and popped them like popcorn yet I never blew a main...

gimme a little time to sort things, been busy as heck. I have to take advantage of my friends help with the speaker build and when I get into one of these amps I want to be able to focus on it as its basically my PL (electronics for that matter) cherry. Probably old hat you you guys but I could mess stuff up quick!

That will work for the 400
You need to add 4 snubber caps to the bridge rectifier

Attachments