Looking to upgrade to horns

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If you look in this same sub forum, Al K's extreeeeeeeeeeeeeme slope crossover thread, you'll see em..

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Parts Express has some nice speaker kits. I missed if you've said what speakers your listening to now.
There was a pair of Altec VOT's near me for $1,500. But even my VERY laid back wife................no way in hell in our little living room! Heh..Heh

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-subwoofer-kits/286?N=23647+4294967118&Ne=10166&No=16&Nrpp=16&Nrs=collection()/record[endeca:matches(.,"P_PortalID","1")+and+endeca:matches(.,"P_Searchable","1")]&PortalID=1
This is what I have I met up with an engineer who worked for Bose back in 95 he had a computer program to get the cab size for the woofers and this is what I built they are Eminace 15" woofers, MG mids, originall had dome tweeters but nw have bullet tweeters I thin they are Motorola, no cross overs just a cap going to the tweeter, they are 5 sided like Bose and have tuned ports out the back
jt4.JPG jt2.JPG
Think I may grab these to get a start...
Altec 811B's

Last edited:

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
With the horns. I would go pick up in person to supervise crating. Well................I would if I had more than twelve bucks to my name. I'm so poor I named my farm Oleo Acres. The low priced spread.

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
He changes his prices sometimes several times a day. The 30" woofer might be $10,000 tomorrow morning & $27,936 tomorow night.
Awhile back he was selling cheap drawer pulls as PL rack handles for forty bucks apiece.
If you search PL he usually has RCA jacks for the PL4000 at insane prices.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
If I want to just run a cap to the horns with no cross over does anyone have the formula to figure what the capacitance should be??