Linear Tracking

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
No, I won't turn it down but you CAN go away!
He has been building speakers since the late 70's, I mean cabs, veneering, building the crossovers, installing drivers the whole thing. He wanted the high end stuff without paying the high end price. It allowed him to pick any veneer or color he wanted and he got a chance to make changes to the crossovers to taylor the sound to our liking. I'm not sure how many pairs he built but there was always something being built or changed. I don't remember many days coming home from school without something playing on the turntable. He doesn't build speakers anymore but rebuilds TT for fun. He recently sold a completely re-done Pioneer to Hal Steinbrenner, yes the New York Yankees Steinbrenner.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Okay, Pops... :)

And enoyes12, any chance you are a member of Yesfans.com?

I am Discount Ministry there.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There's some credentials there. Gotta get him in touch with Ed Blackwood. Ed's got 7 or 8 Linear Tracking PL-L1000's and Phase Linear 8000's and some parts...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I know there is a member who likes Eno and Yes there, but is not impressed with TOTO. My god...Toto was a kickass band. Jeff Porcaro is truly missed at Casa Orange. I copied Steve Lukather's Christmas album before I gave it as a present. Boz Scaggs would not be the same without Toto, just as Linda Ronstadt and the Eagles (Stone Ponies) are linked in history, cosmic stuff.

I just read Eno's Wikipedia entry and I never knew a lot about him, would need to spend a long time learning about him more thoroughly, he's that deep. Sounds like a good endeavor indeed.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Steven, his user name is his initial and last name, nothing mysterious there....

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Bah

Guess ig'nance is bliss. Shponglin' with Brain In A Fishtank on my SL-Q6 with a Grado Black P Mount, sounds good nuff to me... Ahh there comes that Jellyfish song now... :smokin::glasses8::mrgreen:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Its all about what sounds good to you.
But; could it sound better? HMMM as he sits here trying to keep this pipe lit. I'm going to put a rack base in here that pulls out and swivels so you can change components easier. I'm scared to bring the TT up on the bench. How if the gear backlash on a linear table increases?

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
I have one of those racks that swivel for my theater equipment. It's really nice if you change equipment but even better when you just want to clean your equipment. I just did mine and changed all the inter connects and cleaned everything up. Made it so nice.

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
I believe it is but not a 100% sure, I've had for about 5-6 years now. I had some serious weight in it at one time with a battery backup system, receiver, 400 dvd jukebox, directv box and PS3. the battery backup was almost 50lbs on its own.

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
Damn, I found a stylus for my MA2002 and they're $320 dollars now since they're only NOS. I guess I better save up and get one soon or I'll be replacing the cartridge.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
What is funny. I asked a friend in Boston about this cart. He told me his friend and he were talking about it also this weekend. I asked why they were no more. He said some companies just die. He hadn't heard it since the 70s.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
This particular cart rings a bell and now that I think of it. I bought a Micro Seiki TT up the street at a garage sale where I also got a Creek preamp and that cart was on it. I remember selling the cart on eBay with a weak cantilever but still playable for $250. This was at least 8 years ago. I bet they are a bit more common here in the Northeast, I will have to keep an eye out this year. You would be surprised what carts you find at the fleamarket on dusty dirty turntables. I bagged 3 clean Shure V15s of various type last year as well as a few nice Ortofon's