KsRigg's (Sutt's) Get R Done 400 WOPL Build

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Unbelievable. I thought we were waiting for germs and shunting caps and stuff. What did you do, stay up all night or did elves sneak in and take over.....AWESOME>>>

Tell us more..did it have any major problems? Was she a hottie, or kinda lukewarm? Did you have to make many adjustments to her, or was she close after the recreation? Give us some detail about her...I can't wait to hear her.. I hate that you stayed up so late getting her done..Man, I really hope she sounds great, but I have no doubt..

Last edited:

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Well... You know how good mine sounds !!!!! I would about bet yours is going to sound just like it !!!! Great thing is... One day to ship it to ya !!! If it leaves on Monday... You get it on Tuesday !!! Yell at me Sutton... I'll be in the garage all day tomorrow !!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I will do. I'm just wondering, as you did, what she is going to be like. I'm just excited.. and knowing all that Jerry had to deal with, what he thinks about the finished product. He has done many of these, as has Lee, and I am sure they all have a personality, like anything else... I do want to sand the La Scalas tomorrow and get them ready for drivers...I want to hear them.. and the WOPL 500..

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Actually, still waiting on the snubber caps, but they should be here today. Bridge is a new 50 amper. But hmm.. I'm not hearing any ill effect either... :scratch: (it is still quiet as a mouse, even without them).

Anyway.. Yep, listening to it now and it sure does sound good. Sutt FYI - I'm heading to DC tomorrow. I can box this up and ship it, but I'd rather hold onto it, JUST in case. Making sure everything burns in good, and no surprises, is probably a good idea here. Need to really put it through the paces... Let me know, because I get back from DC Thursday night.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
When ya do one of these SO MANY THINGS have been changed it's just a good idea to keep it around for a day or two at Mach 9 to make sure it's as advertised. Making sure the wires lay right, no whiskers lurking, no solder bits floating around, it just makes sense...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
This one here does something "interesting" at about 15 seconds into the clip. It's a little more dramatic "in person" LOL...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/c72oVEbiys8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:0dG79Hj89VoVYOBaYx3vaA" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
When I toggle the 30/15 hz filter on the Spec 1 there is a lot of program material between 15 and 10 hz....

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I think Jasmine will arrive on Tuesday, but possibly tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the new WOPL. I have the Rev C PCB's from White Oak in several PL's (fully WOPL'ed for the time) but Joe's work has taken these venerable war horses to another level of performance. I don't know if there is another amp on the planet that can rival the new WOPL 500.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
The fully upgraded WOPL 500 arrived....and I took it to Kevin's house and connected it to the just finished La Scalas we had just finished wiring...and

JERRY IS THE MAN...WOW is the only word that comes to mind........it is simply the finest sounding amp I have ever heard...and I have heard a bunch...this is a piece of beauty...and is probably better than any amp that can be purchased on the planet. I certainly don't know of anything at any price, which sounds any better...it's like butter...like invisible .....like smooth....it's just not there....it never gets in the way of music...it is a beauty...it is a brute...but it sings like an angel...

I can't do it justice in describing it....you have to hear one for yourself...

THANK YOU JERRY. SO MUCH. It is the finest amp in the world...

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I went to Kevin's to listen to it again yesterday, and am going again today...I must get the amp and the La Scala's home.....anybody need some Altec VOTT A-7's?

JERRY is a MASTER.......