Klipsch La Scala Project

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
They look good man !!!! Its a shame nobody can come out there and listen to them... Maybe one day we can catch the wife gone and put a watchman about a mile away from your house to call us they see her coming and we can hear them... lmao !!!! So sad but true !!!! Hey... Any way to get the farther apart ????? Are you running them in your surround system or just stereo ????

kevin

Hey Pal... The K's are great.... Loud as hell ... Man are they loud... But yea.. I love em !!!!! I've still not took them upstairs yet. I want to do that sometime soon... I'm afraid if I do my 11 year old will keep them !!!! Lol...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
They look good man !!!! Its a shame nobody can come out there and listen to them... Maybe one day we can catch the wife gone and put a watchman about a mile away from your house to call us they see her coming and we can hear them... lmao !!!! So sad but true !!!! Hey... Any way to get the farther apart ????? Are you running them in your surround system or just stereo ????
You're not welcome at your buddies house?

kevin

LOL.... No Lee... My wife loves Sutton to death... But Sutton's wife.... A little different story !!!!! That's why we do all our work in my garage... Sutton has a much better garage than mine... But a man might get shot at out there !!!! My 11 year old..... He never says a word bout nothing... But I can picture the big grin on his face if he saw the K's coming up the steps !!!!

P.L.F.

Journeyman
Tagline
I love BIG amplifiers!
I'm going through plans of Klipschhorn Floorstanding Speakers sent by Lee a couple weeks ago and wonder what particular drivers from Parts Express or any other audio eshop in the U.S. should be considered. My understanding is we're talking these beauties: http://www.klipsch.com/klipschorn-floorstanding-speaker ...

Could you Guys suggest your choice please?

Many thx!

kevin

Don't think Parts express can help ya with parts for these units !!! Lee will be along in a min to line ya out !!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
1526S woofs from Crites, CT-125 Tweets from Crites, 2" compression drivers can be either the BMS-4592, made in Germany so you can probably source them there, or the B & C DCM-50's, which are made in Italy, again, you're closer than we are there.

The midhorns themselves can be had from Fastlane Audio either as a kit or assembled. There are more assembled options out there that are good choices also.

Now for what makes these versions of K's that really makes the system......crossovers....are you going to tri-amp or use one amp?

P.L.F.

Journeyman
Tagline
I love BIG amplifiers!
1526S woofs from Crites, CT-125 Tweets from Crites, 2" compression drivers can be either the BMS-4592, made in Germany so you can probably source them there, or the B & C DCM-50's, which are made in Italy, again, you're closer than we are there.

The midhorns themselves can be had from Fastlane Audio either as a kit or assembled. There are more assembled options out there that are good choices also.

Now for what makes these versions of K's that really makes the system......crossovers....are you going to tri-amp or use one amp?
One amp, Lee...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
That's the place Przem. I have a thread in speakers and phones on the crossovers..

P.L.F.

Journeyman
Tagline
I love BIG amplifiers!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yes Sir, sure can.. the reason I recommend the Crites woof, is that it is the CORRECT woof for that cabinet...there may be others , but I don't know what they are and they're very reasonable..