Klipsch Chorus Squaker & Tweeter Issue

VSAT88

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I just had to post this. Bought a pair, Klipsch Chorus. Noticed something was not right when I hooked them up. Squaker in the left speaker not working. Took it out, DCR is fine. Looked over the crossover, looked fine visually. Checked a few parts and looked over the boards, solder joints and all... Still, everything looks fine. Said what the heck and connected the squaker back up to the crossover. Squaker works fine ??? So, why not. Put it all back together. Squaker works fine. Tweeter... not working now. Damn ! WTF right ? Looked over the schematic and looks like to me the tweeter and the squaker share nothing but the "ground" - side ... Who knows, weird right ? When I figure it out I will post back. Crazy man. Only me.

Klipsch Chorus Schematic.JPG

VSAT88

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Well, looks like the tweeter diaphragm just up and give out. Coincidence who knows. I mean these are at least 30 years old. Vintage speakers, kept in storage units in 100 deg. heat at 80 % humidity around here never makes for a great combination. A nice new-used set of Crites titanium diaphragms and they sound damn good. Now to see what fails next if anything.

VSAT88

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Was still having trouble.. Found one of the squawkers was down a few dB from the other . Same cabinet I had trouble with before. A few new caps for the electrolytic in the crossovers at the 7uF position and bingo. Listening is nice now. Only had 10 uF lytics caps "in stock" so new 7 uF's film caps were ordered. Soon they shall arrive to replace the lytics then we shall listen to .... Sphongle. Oh Yeah.