Kevin's "I Want a Phase Linear 700 B White Oaked" thread

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Which do you like better...the 400 or the 700B? I think you have a Rev A board in your 400 and a Rev C board in the 700B? Obviously 1000 watts is louder than 550, but what about the overall sound from each. Do you hear differences in the tonal qualities of each amp? Lee also had his new analyzer by the time he did your 700B and probably was able to perhaps "dial it in", but Lee may want to speak to this as well. Thoughts ?

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Yea.... Im not gonna even try and describe the difference...... Love them both. I couldnt touch what Mark said about them in a eariley post !!! He said it best !!!!!!!

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Quoted from an earlier post:

"Kevin is going to have a hard time contrasting the WOPL 550 and the PL 1000. He has a hot PL 400 that sounds so sweet, really a case of all the right components coming together in perfect structural and electronic harmony - and the PL 700B, a brute powerhouse with mountains of reserve power that just begs to be opened up and blast the room with tidal waves of sound that insults your physical body while soothing an inner feeling that results when you finally know you "might" have enough power."

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Yup.....my thoughts exactly. come on Kevin......you gotta have a story to tell about these amps and their sound compared to the Haflers...

Come on and tell us man.....don't let Mark tell us how you like your amp....you said you thought about it all the way back from Pikeville one day. I know you've got it in your head....just type it out, or get Krystal to type as you talk....

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Ok I'm back... I was in West Va. all day Wensday running an excuvator. Got home about 8:30... Now sutton..... You know I cant type BUT.... i ALWAYS DO ALL MY OWN PECKING.... And YOU know my pecking when you see it by my little trade mark thing I always do.... Ok... The AMPS... Hell fire.. They both are just unreal !!!! BEST IVE EVER HAD !!!!! Whats a Hafler ?? Like I said before.... The PL1000 iS SO DAMN POWERFULL !!!! for the first time I really KNOW I got enough power !!!! These speakers DO NOT WANT ANYMORE !!!! Its like I didnt have tweeters before !!! Now they are just slaping you in the face !!!!!! The PL 500... WHAT A SWEET ,WARM, COZY, SOUNDING AMP.... Its just pure clean power ! Thats the kind of amp you would take home to mommy !!!!!! LMAO.... Thats the best I can do guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well then that's all we can ask. I'm really glad that you like em. Makes it all worthwhile.