Just Registered Here

AnalogGuitarist

New Around These Parts
Hi all,

A few people on Tapeheads told about this forum in the first half of 2020 but I never registered until now. Four years later, I'm starting to think about figuring out what comes next with the reason for my visit.

I was given a whole bunch of PL gear around July 2018, including the 700B amp.

I'll look around the sub-forums if I get around to posting questions about each component (or just list stuff for sale if I decide to get rid of it all). Right now I just wanted to make an introduction post.

I've loved analog gear most of my life but I'm a lifer of a guitar player who's been in Nashville for over 20 years and these days I don't spend as much time with my stereo as I loved to when I was 24 years old! I was born in '82 so you can do the math if inclined.

I finally decided to register here after lurking from the outside searching for threads on the WOPL complete re-builds. Time will tell what happens with all this stuff (700B amp, 4000 preamp, 7000 cassette deck, 5000 tuner) but having been given all that stuff is what brought me here. I'm not much of a forum guy but will try to log in here now and then to lurk, (possibly post) and give any relevant updates.

Best,

Sean

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Welcome aboard Sean,
You are in the right place for PL info. Your 700b will give you another 50 years with a WOPL treatment.
Enjoy, have a great weekend !!!

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Sounds like someone dumped a gold mine of nice stuff on your lap!
Welcome to the asylum, go deep- you’ll love it!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Good to have you join us, Sean. That's a full complement of Phase Linear gear. If you have an itch to sell the PL Model 7000 Series Two deck, one of our members is interested in it, as he has asked about buying mine.

Nando.