Just BIN'd a Nak ZX-9 Deck

braxus

Journeyman
Well this had been a long ride. The ZX-9 was paid for mid month and Dan the tech received it within a week. As mentioned on Tapeheads, the deck arrived damaged. I asked for a full refund and the seller issued the refund after seeing pictures of the deck by Dan. The refund bounced though. PayPal has a claim on this transaction, so I'm covered that way. The seller is not too forthcoming with replying to my emails though. He mentioned when he issued the refund about need to add to the balance and that may be a problem. This explains why it bounced- he didn't have any funds in his bank account. PayPal said it will try again in 3 days, but I hope it doesn't bounce again or the seller will be dinged expensive bank NSF charges twice. I asked PayPal what will happen if it bounces again, and they said they will just issue the refund and have his account in a negative balance. I get the feeling this guy was hard up for cash which is maybe why he sold the deck in the first place. I don't believe he is pulling a fast one, as for most of the claim, he has been co-operative. Except he hasn't responded to my emails about the bounced payment.

braxus

Journeyman
Also mention that he has a claim with Fed Ex for the damage, but whether that claim will go through is in question. I asked him a day ago if the claim was refunded and he said nothing yet.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Well, crap, Scott. You are just going to have to go to IA and buckle it on your safety belt.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Personally if I was to be lucky enough to get one I would turn it over to Dan my Nak guy and let him do what was needed. These decks are kind of specialized item and there are very few guys that can make them sweet. Nakmandan is one who I see once in a while and always does a wonderful job and I have to think that after knowing him these years he is at the top of the list of guys to have service your deck. If you have a Nak that needs work- he is in the Chicago area, then PM and I can send you his info.

braxus

Journeyman
Dan ended up getting my deck. I got a refund for the deck since it was damaged in shipping. The seller then sold the deck to Dan, who repaired it and later sold it to someone else. I never ended up on owning this deck after all. Prices have since jumped up, so I probably won't own one in the future either. I'll go back to getting another 3014A if I get another high end deck.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I worked on the 3014A and I would not again and would not have one with all I found bad with that one. No connector numbers or any ID on any and they are all red. Reminds me of an Aiwa wiring job. Just check with Dan on occasion as he come across decks and sell them. Maybe not a ZX7 or 9 but the BX300 is plenty good enough usually.