Isolation

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
Hey guys. @Lee, you can see a low frequency wave bouncing up on the scope with each step. I could video that I suppose.

The rack I use is a glass and steel rack, designed for a widescreen TV. I needed something that could accommodate the extra-wide SX-1280, as most standard rack systems for audio would not work. And for what it is, it was cheap.

That little table is cool but there really isn't room for it. The 901's really need the space unless i reconfigure the whole set-up.

Trying different materials like sorbo is a good idea, I could pursue that at some point. First thing that comes to mind is actually replacing the rubber that the shelves rest on with that.

One thing that has really been very nice, after I started the "rant", I have MUCH better results in bass performance, using the AT440mla. However, it may not be because it's a better cart/stylus. It could just be that the relative VTA is better, as both carts were swapped out without making a change to VTA which is pretty difficult to do with this arm and without enhanced visual aid. However, if the AT is a better tracker, then is it safe to assume that it will also deal with external forces better as well? I dunno, like Larry said the whole thing is a marvel.

At the moment, I don't "think" I have issues with isolation. However, I do think measured results could prove interesting.

On a separate note, a speedbox added to this TT might add a layer of performance that I am actually looking for - and need. Larry knows. This was also mentioned in the article linked in this thread. Also mentioned was someone listening to all four sides of "The Wall", which I had just done before I read that. It's sounds really awesome right now!

For today, I'm probably not going to fuss with anything. I'm totally exhausted from my first week back to work and fighting off sickness that has gone on most of January. Even typing this up feels challenging. No rants. It's good to be home:toothy1:, good to have my family around:love3:, and good that I can kick back a spin some good sounding tunes:happy6: