I need some tubes tested. Anybody here do that ?

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I test tubes. Nothing pre war though, My B&K tester doesn't have 4 and 6 pin sockets as it was built in the era of color TV. It will test Nuvistors as well.
These would not be pre war. These would be Two. 12AT7's, One. 12AX7 and and Three. 5751's . They are in my conrad johnson PV6 preamp.

mlucitt

These would not be pre war. These would be Two. 12AT7's, One. 12AX7 and and Three. 5751's . They are in my conrad johnson PV6 preamp.
Funny, the 12AX7 and 12AT7 tubes are used consistently in guitar amps. The 5751 is a drop-in replacement for a 12AX7. The 5751 was designed as a "ruggedized" high mu, dual triode tube with similar specifications as a 12AX7. However, with 30% reduced gain, the 5751 is a fantastic way to reduce the distortion and add harmonic tone to an amp.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
That is beginning to sound kinda like a Herbert Spencer quote.
"There is a principle which is bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Bet you I get a HUH on that one!

George S.

That is beginning to sound kinda like a Herbert Spencer quote.
"There is a principle which is bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Bet you I get a HUH on that one!
Awesome quote, I like it. Think it applies to many of today's issues.