I have a VCR repair to attempt, what is it I'm looking for and?

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
yes, referring to your earlier post "THIS?" The yellowish bit under the white bit appears to be a rubber tire.

That arm swings back and forth under rotational torque and makes contact with the spindle on either side. The belt (that's loose) drives it. Loose belt (or broken) and non-grippy tire prevent fast wind in either direction.

Your first picture shows a gear drive for fast wind, but that design is still probably driven by a belt.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
What I have.JPG

The Memorex is BETA.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
The GE tape loaded and ran properly once and then the tape got hung up in the drive. It's not wrapped around the drum. DSC00940.JPG DSC00941.JPG

orange

Tagline
I'll try to find that tire.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
MAYBE the original can be conditioned, but if you can find it (maybe save for the incoming machine?) it is best to change it with a known good one.

orange

Tagline
I have one, and come to think of it, maybe more in a tray in the second bedroom/bench area.

orange

Tagline
And VCRs aren't as expensive as vintage tires for bikes. Molly's Carlisle Lightning Dart whitewalls are antique and cost $150.

Molly.JPG

orange

Tagline
Haro and BMX is bitchin' dude, but all of my bikes are middleweights or ballooners, 26x1.75 to 2.125"

I like Treks though, never rode one but I also dig Peugeots.

orange

Tagline
Time to locate that envelope in the morning and change a tire, and wait for the Sony SLV-950HF and the Mitsu U50 I just bought from you to get here.

I put out the cat food in Stripey's feeder and took a nap. I didn't sleep a lot last night and had a fasting blood draw for my kidney doctor. My driver made me a bacon and avocado sammich for afterward so that was awesome :wav: I'm going to have a little chocolate ice cream now and go back to bed, my blood sugar will need it o-nite as it was just 96 and I haven't had to use my insulin much of late.

orange

Tagline
I used to have a really great RCA branded HiFi (Thomsen) in the mid 90s, it would let me record audio only on the AFM with a blue screen and it perform very well, but it was stolen along with my then new Pioneer dual deck with my one Dolby S prerecorded cassette single (Madonna) in it.

My aunt and uncle had a Zenith I liked too. Zenith DTV converters and Dish ones were some of the worst. My Zenith started shifting the chroma wildly and then quit and Dish had the worst customer support I ever enocountered, not having Comcast cable. I had AT&T Broadband before TCI looked like they might get the franchise and eventually CableOne/Sparklight (Post-Newsweek) got it. Sparklight...dumbest name ever. Having done some barter work for Chambers Cable clearing the digital and retuning the knob Pioneer boxes, and that was mostly the same people from the original family run cable company that put the system up in out county (the manager married the owners' daughter) at least I felt good working there.

They had a technician named George who was like a big brother to me, unfortunately he passed away from something uncommon, he was a huge teddy bear. Watching the CE build a 50+ channel NTSC/BTSC headend for the microwave system was something else. That headend served four counties eventually before CableOne moved things to Caldwell, Idaho and closed the local office. Somehow having 125 channels wasn't as good as 55.

orange

Tagline
Digging through my parts I found I have 3 trays of idler tires and two trays of belt kits, in addition to three of the samew Fisher tire in my Tenma belts. Two are Mitsubishi tires asnd I sent Nakdoc an email asking about it. But I have a TONNE of tires for Panasonic, Goldstar, Sharp, Sanyo/Fisher, Sansui, JVC, Kenwood, RCA, Hitachi...

orange

Tagline
I don't know where I got them from, and no, I'd never attempted it. Nakdoc thinks that one of the two Mitsubishi models in the kits will work as I haven't found the one he sent me yet and I've been going through the room...that's how I found all of the parts.

orange

Tagline
I've looked at the idler assy and it doesn't look like it would just pop out, either there is a screw for it comes out the bottom but I've put it away for a day or so toget to house and lawn work.

The HS-U50 is coming Monday as well.

orange

Tagline
I sent an email to Tasuke, he has one of this series and I was reminded of his posts on the Steve Hoffman forums. Maybe I can get a PDF.

Tagline
---
sorry i cannot really help, Steve, but i've never really dismantled this mechanism before.

when i got my U70 well over a decade back, i immediately took it in to the closest service shop around
for about $110.00 worth of maintenance work; new rubber and a new capacitor on the S-VHS Hybrid IC PCB.

so, no, i've never actually messed with the idler assy. on this model, so i cannot really help much there. Sorry...