I have a VCR repair to attempt, what is it I'm looking for and?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
While I've waited for Nakdoc to trell me how much to send to return my repaired Sony SLV-950HF VHS H-Fi unit, I've got a Mitsubish HS-U70 Twin Digital VHS Hi-Fi that he sent a tire to replace on.

The problem is I had it in an envelope, which I THOUGHT was placed inside the case, it's not in there so I have to look for it again. It's been a LONG TIME.

I sent an email to Tom and I suppose J!m with his U50 he has/had on ebay knows...is this the tire?

Miktsu U70 (12).JPG

I gave the top side a good cpraying of CRC QD qand then Blow-Off duster. Hopefully I didn't harm any heads.

Miktsu U70 (8).JPG Miktsu U70 (9).JPG

Also, how much slack should there be in the belt at the top that is on the pulleys with the Sankyo marked part? The plate between the front and back of the unit has been removed for viewing

J!m

Tagline
BOT
First picture that belt drives FF and REW. That;s the belt I replaced on mine- it was goo. It neds to be tight.

I presume the tire in question is at the base of whatever that belt is driving. I didn't mess with mine.

orange

Tagline
It's not goo but it's not tight really. I assumed that when the mechanism pulls the tape in to load that some of that moved. It looks like the lower part actually does that.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The big end (big pulley) sways back and forth if I recall correctly. (it's been quite a while since I was in there). That's why I figure the tire is on the end of that. It moves from supply to take up reel to fast wind in the desired direction. Might be a gear too... I just don't recall right now.

orange

Tagline
I'm almost certain that the lower pat circled is the tire. I corresponds to a reel deck or turntable tire/wheel in my mind. I have pointed this thread out of Nakdoc and emailed him as well.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I don't recall any tire in that circled location. I think that's the lower bearing housing for the head assembly.

orange

Tagline
Then I'm lost again. I really don't know a lot about what I was supposed to do.

orange

Tagline
@J!m @nakdoc @braxus

I can accommodate all of you, I just need to get it to one trip to the post office and bank. The bank is drive though and ATM only right now and the drive thru closes at 4 pm. The line of cars on the third was like the 1973 Arab oil embargo, it was insane and I don't think they were happy that I just used the ATM.

My dad was a mechanic at an Amoco station in '73 and although I was only 7 I still recall it vividly and that self-service meant that most pumped their own gas but they put off repairs and we had lean times then.

orange

Tagline
Now Doc, where is this tire at in the picture of the top of the mechanism? It's all stuff to me without some diagram or something. I still have to locate the envelope with that part you sent some time ago that I THOUGHT I placed inside the Mitsu but it wasn't there.

I have the cleanest semis in ten counties though.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
use your imagination to locate the exact center of a cassette when it is loaded and ready to play. This is where the idler and tire are found. You should be able to pop it out without removing the loading mechanism.

I saw a gas station with a sign: Stay in your car. We'll pump the gas.
full circle

orange

Tagline
I have an imagination, but I don't have a clue without pictures. It's called AUTISM.

orange

Tagline
And if I do pop it out I still don't know where the part you sent me went to.

Maybe you should just get me the shipping quote on the Sony, I am going to a medical appt and sending out MOs tomorrow.

Please just mark the picture I did post? It's all a bunch of STUFF.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
PS We had a fatality from Covid-19 here this week. a 55 year old and I think I can connect the dots and figure that it is the gas station employee that self-reported, and I know him well. I'm doing all I can here but it's like self-imposed prison.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Gotta stick to it Orange. Waiting it out is about all we can realistically do.

VCR has shipped.

@nacdoc I tried calling you today...

orange

Tagline
Closes at 4 pm Eastern, if that helps.

orange

Tagline
I practically had to beg to get the garbage collectors to empty the dumpster so I could get my own trash out. That meant calling the county.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Pretty sure I called before four (I’m also eastern time zone)

double checked the numbers Bob gave me as well.

orange

Tagline
I guess I'm going to have to look it up in search to see what it looks like, I don't see what I'm supposed to find.

1586347397058.png

1586347455777.png DSC00933.JPG

orange

Tagline
If that's it I've lost track of the part you sent. It's in an envelope somewhere.