Highlander Acquires McIntosh

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
DALLAS, June 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlander Partners, L.P. ("Highlander"), a leading private investment firm, today announced the acquisition of McIntosh Group, through a newly-formed holding company ("the Group" or "the Company"). McIntosh Group has been a leader and innovator in the high-end audio category for decades and today manufactures and globally distributes the world's finest amplifiers, speakers, turntables and other audio products under several renowned brands. The Company is driven by its dedication to quality performance, sophisticated technology, refined design, and artisan manufacturing. These tenets have resulted in brands known for incomparable design, product quality and consumer experiences.

https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-r...mium-consumer-audio-technology-817380086.html

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
This is probably very bad news for lovers of McIntosh products.

The investment firm will need to get an ROI ASAFP and there will soon be a flood of cheapened products and "T-shirts n crap" with the logo to generate revenue. After a year of this nonsense, the senior people will leave (if that are not already put the door), and new product development will be handled by the freshly minted college engineers working for the lowest possible salary.

You take it from here, krellmk...

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Maybe a disaster for mac it happen before when Clarion Audio take over

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You might be right Joe .. maybe the price might shoot up for their old stuff gonna hold on to the stuff that i got now

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Have to take 3hr drive up there to get a glass front for my MR67 tuner

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
I worked for privately owned companies until I retired, the company I retired from was sold to private equity a few months later, that was the beginning of everything tied to EBITA and bye bye bonuses and profit sharing.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The McIntosh Group sold Audio Research to a former ARC manager and others a couple years ago. ARC seems to be doing just fine these days. I wonder if they got out just in time or if Highlander will keep things going well for there recent brand acquisitions.