Hi

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
When Nando got banned over there, for no reason, I showed myself to the door.

That wasn't the only reason, but was the final reason. I think some stuff went down around the same time with Miles as well- also for no good reason.

As far as I know I'm still a member there, but I haven't been back in a loooooooong time.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well remember that Matt was a member of the Yahoo reel to reel group and through a number of heated exchanges he got kicked off of there so Tapeheads was born from a guy who got kicked off himself a number of times. Then Larry who started this site got kicked off Tapeheads so I went to be with him as well as Matt. So things happen over the years and not everyone is of the same mind set and can communicate nicely so this is why it happens. Matt sold the TH site and then was rid of that headache and it went well for a time but obviously there is a change of people over there that are chasing people away and here they come.

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
I didnt close my account but I left that other place long ago. Just a clicky group, several of them clutching at straws, taking their last breath whilst siphoning the bottom of the well.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Yeah I agree with J!m. Nando being banned but not any of the despots there (including myself mwahahah) something was definitely off.

I ought to see if I can get a hold of Twiggy (Scott?) I got a 386 he might be interested in ( and I want it gone!)

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
When Nando got banned over there, for no reason, I showed myself to the door... As far as I know I'm still a member there, but I haven't been back in a loooooooong time.
That was me. I did go back long enough to sell off all the reel to reel tapes and stuff but that's been about it.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Well it looks like my comment a long time ago brought this discussion to the point.

I haven't been banned by any sites, yet. I guess I don't try hard enough.

I don't understand why folks would ban people that bring the content to the forum. Without a number of folks here that were on TH that forum would not have grown the way it did. Answers to questions are the reason folks post on these forums.

because of that reason, I will give to a site when they pay me for my posts. Not before. Not that I have answered a lot of questions here but on other forums I have. Heck I answered every question in the BMW E23 forum at bimmerboard for a year or so and it grew the site until the 745i discussions on another board moved folks away, unfortunately.

Whatever, there are lots of folks talking on the boards. Unfortunately, board owners don't know seem to appreciate the contributions of many of the long time members.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
That (money) is part of what soured me to Tapeheads.

On the surface, it was great and I was having fun with tape again. Got the best decks I’ve ever owned and tuned up by Sam. Life was good.

“I think I’ll donate to support the forum.” I thought. I contacted the head ass clown and before he opened that PM he gave me a ration of shit about something inconsequential- I don’t even remember what it was now… anyway, then he got back to me about the money, which I would have given, except for the fact that even when opening my wallet to this guy, he wouldn’t even use his name in a PM. That really struck a chord with me.

How far elevated are you above scam artist that you won’t even use your first name in a private conversation?!?

*slap* (sound of wallet closing)

The Nando/Miles incident happened shortly thereafter and I was done. Nando was kind enough to invite me here. No one is asking for money and no one is getting banned. Seems better to me.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well it looks like my comment a long time ago brought this discussion to the point.

Whatever, there are lots of folks talking on the boards. Unfortunately, board owners don't know seem to appreciate the contributions of many of the long time members.
Then again some do...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That (money) is part of what soured me to Tapeheads.

On the surface, it was great and I was having fun with tape again. Got the best decks I’ve ever owned and tuned up by Sam. Life was good.

“I think I’ll donate to support the forum.” I thought. I contacted the head ass clown and before he opened that PM he gave me a ration of shit about something inconsequential- I don’t even remember what it was now… anyway, then he got back to me about the money, which I would have given, except for the fact that even when opening my wallet to this guy, he wouldn’t even use his name in a PM. That really struck a chord with me.

How far elevated are you above scam artist that you won’t even use your first name in a private conversation?!?

*slap* (sound of wallet closing)

The Nando/Miles incident happened shortly thereafter and I was done. Nando was kind enough to invite me here. No one is asking for money and no one is getting banned. Seems better to me.

What I really hated was the ads....still do...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
What I hate is the 15 minute edit time and getting dressed down for copying a post to respond. Sure things folks should know how to work around, just quote the salient points of the post to respond and well allow editing for a day or so or not at all. As a first page member listed by post count, I'm sure I get just as much leeway as Nando and Maxell-LN have received.

The ads are at the bottom for me so I don't see em often so no worries there.

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeaaaah. I caught shit for that too. I actually was responding to four or five posts, in one reply, so I had several quotes in it.

That might have been what started the shit there. But I could work around that petty request. The deception of not identifying oneself really rubbed me the wrong way.

Then the unjustified bannings…

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
My advice: quit whining! If a forum is owned by someone, they make the rules. Forums cost money once they reach a certain size. Pacific doesn't want his name out there, and that is his choice. (I got a nasty gram for using his real name in a thread) Like AK before, TH is being micro-managed right now. I don't know why large forums seem to go that route, but they do.
I have no problem with money. My somewhat helpful additions to the great audio knowledge base is freely given in hopes that it is preserved for future generations. Ten years from now all the old farts (Sam and I) will fade to black....and as Sam said, we want to speak the truth somewhere. And banning is not something I cannot comment on with any great insight, since the worst that's happened to me is an AK slap on the wrist for being "commercial".

Welcome A.N.T. Your pictures look like you....a geek engineer type. My friend Dr. Alan Hill (Plasmatronics speakers) looked like you in his youth. long live the geeks!

Miracle Mile

Due to all the other activities lately this thread was flying under my radar, but I'm not surprised at all.
So, they were so "kind" with you so that you cannot see that website but, at the same time, they love to keep all the good stuff you shared there over the years because it's a good part of what makes that place interesting.

That didn't happen to me; I was always in control managing my content and removed it all after my latest trick, just before I was pulling the trigger myself (on my second account :iconbiggrin:) during christmas 2019:

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
That didn't happen to me; I was always in control managing my content and removed it all after my latest trick, just before I was pulling the trigger myself (on my second account :iconbiggrin:) during christmas 2019:
Hi, dear friend Miles. :)

My situation was a bit different and my ban was totally unexpected (at least to me)...
Of course, I couldn't imagine I was going to be banned basicly for telling my own opinion to a mod in a PM message, but that's what really happened... and, evidently, not being allowed to have an opinion must be some kind of unwritten rule which I did evidently break! :p
But, hey, we are people not puppets then it can easily happen that we have our own opinion.... don't we? :D