Hi

A.N.T.

Journeyman
Tagline
Femtoamp- Volt- and Tape- nut.
Oh my goodness, what are those turntables?
There used to be a company called Analogue Alchemy, I've worked with them as a consultant for a while. There turntables were quite good sonically but did not go out of a prototype stage, as the owner of the company died suddenly and that ended my last go at designing Hi-Fi for production. And that also was the reason why I have moved North from London and stopped all work on other people decks from 2015.

Cheers

Alex

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There used to be a company called Analogue Alchemy, I've worked with them as a consultant for a while. There turntables were quite good sonically but did not go out of a prototype stage, as the owner of the company died suddenly and that ended my last go at designing Hi-Fi for production. And that also was the reason why I have moved North from London and stopped all work on other people decks from 2015.

Cheers

Alex
That sucks...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Alex: Thanks for posting those pictures of your system. Amazing!

You might have referenced Analogue Alchemy in the past via a link or a scan of articles/products.

Nando.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.

Cheers

Alex
Yes 2015 was a dark day in the PC household! But happy to report that many decks have slipped in and out of my system, But ALL of the decks modfied by you Alex are still here and sounding great!

Welcome to the other side!

Shaun

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Yes 2015 was a dark day in the PC household!
I second that, Shaun.

For me, that year was the true moment when I've understood that I had to finally start learning working on my own decks the best way I could, not being able to rely on ANT's magical hands anymore.
Anyways, I am quite happy about how I am working on my own decks especially during these latest couple years and I know I was just lucky in getting a few of them restored and improved by Alex himself the few years before 2015.
My two Technics RS-B965 (a "M" and a "MF" version) where Alex did apply his magic touch ten years ago are still my two reference decks and the benchmark for all my other ones. :)

Last edited:

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Perhaps you shouldn’t wonder ;) . And it looks like I’m actually banned by IP address on the other side. Can not even see the site... . Fun, isn’t it?

Cheers

Alex
OMG! o_O

So, they were so "kind" with you so that you cannot see that website but, at the same time, they love to keep all the good stuff you shared there over the years because it's a good part of what makes that place interesting. :oops::rolleyes:
And it's easy to figure out the reason of this ban which isn't noticeable by other people.
Seeing the word "banned" under your nickname would be a really bad advertisement for the website!

The same isn't true for me, evidently...
in fact you are a "you will be missed" kind of guy while i was "kindly" told that I won't be missed. :glasses2::iconbiggrin:

20tajk7

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You never have too much tapedecks ^^
Well, just checked, Alex doesn't seems to be banned.
Anyway ip ban and forum ban are two different things.
Makes me remember some years ago when banned ak members came to th.

A.N.T.

Journeyman
Tagline
Femtoamp- Volt- and Tape- nut.
If I try to access "that site" right now I receive the following message:

It has started some days ago and I couldn't understand what was happening till I've realised that I could access the site from my mobile if I connect over 4G and can not if I connect over my house Wi-Fi. I've restarted the home router so the IP address has changed and the site was back - for a day. Now the same message appears again... . Not that it bothers me much, if anything this confirms I was right to leave.

Cheers

Alex

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
and you're just right, Alex.

in the end, it's them who are losing someone really important, despite you were told that unsincere "you will be missed!" when you told them goodbye... in fact, the opposite is true. ;)

funny how someone can get banned without actually breaking any rules. :toothy8:

"gratitude" is a word which is evidently missing on someone's dictionary. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
You wonder what Psychopaths took over there. I would think this would be the last thing to do but they did not want me there either apparently. I think all Technicians should get together and get out of there in total- there are better places to go. A lot of guys are members there but do not post.
What the point of joining just to be a member?
I was just over there and I can see people answering question where they do not know the machine. It is decaying already regardless they have 46642 members it says. We just got 100 members at Reel to Reel Clinic on FB but some people hate FB and I don't blame them.

Last edited:

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Seems to be very heavy-handed over there and the owner wants to be a dictator I've stopped my posting on ak because of the perpetual piomarsui shit is the best and the other stuff is junk and lack of appreciation of my content. Thought th would be a place to spend some time but no, management is too busy getting into things that should just be allowed to go. Think I'll just go add a story to the cars thread here.