Here's a question for you tech guys:

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
So, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Kramer balanced audio/video switching box. My plan is to use it to switch tape to tape, masterlink to either tape, masterlink to both tapes etc.

One I'm looking at now also had video switching, which I didn't think I had any use for... But then I thought perhaps the video lines could be used for digital (coax) switching. Any digital audio and/or video switching techs here with any input on this scheme?

Assuming it worked, I could have one unit which would switch the balanced analogue audio around as well as being able to switch the digital coax around. Video lines are BNC connectors. I believe there is enough bandwidth in the video lines to accommodate digital audio. It would predominantly be 16.1/44 anyway.

mlucitt

Me thinks you answered your own questions and you have decided (and adequately researched) this idea.
Most of us around here are, "OK, go for it, let's see what happens." kind of people.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
My avatar says a lot...

“good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from poor judgment.”

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
One thing I am is not politically correct and can be counted on to be the opposite. In any case a video switcher might work with the digital signal provided they do not exceed a 10MHz bandwidth requirement. That is the frequency if you are talking base band or composite video. That kind of video signal is used less and less these days in view of all this pushed on us flat panel displays that will never last as long as the CRT TV will. I am still using some CRT TVs in fact. Just like Smart phone which to me are pretty stupidly designed devices, I tend to buck the crap they keep on pushing on us including wearing a stupid mask all the time. What person can tell me a 100nM Antigen can be stopped by bandanas or these sloppy fitting masks? No one- it is simply idiotic and the mask tells the government that we can rely on this person to walk into an internment camp to manage them when the time comes. They probably created it to manage the people. The new media that people listen to is full of crap and they give you stories that have no basis in reality. Is that politically correct enough for you?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
One thing I am is not politically correct and can be counted on to be the opposite. In any case a video switcher might work with the digital signal provided they do not exceed a 10MHz bandwidth requirement. That is the frequency if you are talking base band or composite video. That kind of video signal is used less and less these days in view of all this pushed on us flat panel displays that will never last as long as the CRT TV will. I am still using some CRT TVs in fact. Just like Smart phone which to me are pretty stupidly designed devices, I tend to buck the crap they keep on pushing on us including wearing a stupid mask all the time. What person can tell me a 100nM Antigen can be stopped by bandanas or these sloppy fitting masks? No one- it is simply idiotic and the mask tells the government that we can rely on this person to walk into an internment camp to manage them when the time comes. They probably created it to manage the people. The new media that people listen to is full of crap and they give you stories that have no basis in reality. Is that politically correct enough for you?

There you go with your BS mask rant. Shut the hell up and put a mask on. You think your smarter than the Medical world???? I think not.

mlucitt

The medical world has nothing to do with masks, that is simply what they are told to wear to do their job. And the masks they use are single use disposable items. If you want to learn about masks look up the OSHA regulations for N95 masks and the other types. They make the requirements, do the testing, analyze the results, and make recommendations to the various trade organizations, including the medical field.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Yes, for the work place not the public- besides one of the exemptions to having to wear a mask is if you ever had Pneumonia and I did so I don't have to wear one but there is all that stupid public pressure. The government makes stupid rules and then have exemptions. This tells me they do not know what they are doing. In hazmat training there are no exemptions.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
My daughter is an Rn and wears a "FUCKING MASK EVERY DAY" the twats that know nothing can keep running their unmasked pie holes.... I don't have to wear one, I had gonorrhea when I was a baby, me neither, I had a hang nail..... WA friggin WA