Hello Phoenix. It's great to be here.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum, Bill. None of us are shy about ancient gear we run. A few of us still run 8-track decks. There you go...I've come out of the closet.

Nando.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks for the welcome & the lovely honey NavLinear.

Fishoz thanks for the info and I appreciate the help. Hopefully the problem will be easy to isolate and some upgrades will probably follow. Have to read a bit first to figure what I need.

Nando thank you too and I won't mention how many quad 8 track players and tapes I still have. The effect on Santana - Abraxas - Black Magic Woman, with the swirling around the 4 speakers at the end I still a favorite.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks bill7621,

Hope to get it running again soon. WOPL mods may be the easiest way to get it fixed. We'll see.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If you are going to put time and effort into fixing that thing...........it could be a WOPL for a wee bit more time and effort...and it is WELL WORTH IT...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Thanks for the welcome & the lovely honey NavLinear.

Fishoz thanks for the info and I appreciate the help. Hopefully the problem will be easy to isolate and some upgrades will probably follow. Have to read a bit first to figure what I need.

Nando thank you too and I won't mention how many quad 8 track players and tapes I still have. The effect on Santana - Abraxas - Black Magic Woman, with the swirling around the 4 speakers at the end I still a favorite.
Welcome to PHX Bill :cheers:, you're going to have fun here...while not a Nav Babe, a Babe in her own right, Patricia Barber doing Black Magic Woman Live in Chicago, https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...9d64094f6beef1de10e4ab7ebaadbd41&action=click , she restored that Hammond B3 herself :notworthy:, that makes her a Goddess!!!

Imagine that through your WOPL'd 700II and those Ohms brother, it's magic on my big SAE and Martin Logans :king:, and yes, that's Paolo on percussion...I think he grew another pair of hands in the last 2 minutes, Insane!!

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Welcome to PHX Bill :cheers:, you're going to have fun here...while not a Nav Babe, a Babe in her own right, Patricia Barber doing Black Magic Woman Live in Chicago, https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...9d64094f6beef1de10e4ab7ebaadbd41&action=click , she restored that Hammond B3 herself :notworthy:, that makes her a Goddess!!!

Imagine that through your WOPL'd 700II and those Ohms brother, it's magic on my big SAE and Martin Logans :king:, and yes, that's Paolo on percussion...I think he grew another pair of hands in the last 2 minutes, Insane!!
Paolo Vinaccia?

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Welcome Netfly!Good to have ya. Going White Oak on your PL is definitely not the cheapest route to get your amp up and running but the nice thing about it is that it can be your end game. No need to upgrade for sound quality, no need to ever put it on the bench again for a repair (most likely).If you are a cranker and it seems you are then the reliability you will gain is well worth the investment.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hi stuwee, Lazarus Short and Gibsonian,
Thank for the greetings and advice guys. I may do the WOPL soon, but for now I figured out the problem. My Monster Cable connectors are wide spade plugs that don't contact the PL jacks just right. Seems they were screwed on tight, but both lost connection. I'll have to cut them off and find something that fits better I guess. For now it's back up and running fine.

14.jpg

So good to have tunes again! :blob3:

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Good news on the easy fix Netfly.

I use standard 10 ga fork style, crimp on connectors you can get at any hardware store and cinch them down hand tight in the PL output terminals, then hit em just a little with pliers an extra quarter turn or so.

It's the best connection I have used on these amps. I've also used banana plugs but don't think they are as low of a resistance, not as solid as a connection.