hello from kansas

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
hey guys, new man from kansas. was directed this way from audiokarma and a few google searches regarding wopl stuff. i have a 400 shipping my way soon (from another ak member) and will be doing a full wopl build. i have restored and rebuilt several receivers (primarily pioneer) and this will not be my first project. i just figured i'd say hello. i will document my build in the wopl section once started. thanks guys!

Tagline
---
hey guys, new man from kansas. was directed this way from audiokarma and a few google searches regarding wopl stuff. i have a 400 shipping my way soon (from another ak member) and will be doing a full wopl build. i have restored and rebuilt several receivers (primarily pioneer) and this will not be my first project. i just figured i'd say hello. i will document my build in the wopl section once started. thanks guys!
Welcome! I am new here as well but everyone is very welcoming and helpful to any questions you might have.
Look forward to seeing your build take place! out of curiosity, what speakers will this WOPL be powering?
Best regards

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Welcome Moewillis! Couldn't pick a better spot to be for a WOPL. Get in touch with Gepetto (Joe - White Oak Audio), he's got the goodies you'll need. Plenty of walk throughs on this site to get you where you want to be.....and you're gonna like it!

What else you planning for your system? Speaks? Pre? Many ideas around here along with our daily thread jackings....all in fun.

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Welcome! I am new here as well but everyone is very welcoming and helpful to any questions you might have.
Look forward to seeing your build take place! out of curiosity, what speakers will this WOPL be powering?
Best regards
thanks for the welcome. at the moment i have a set of kg5.5 klipsch with crites ti diaphragms and crossover rebuilds that will probably get the wopl when its done. its my main system and they are currently powered by a fully restored sx-1280. a set of hpm-100s may see some time as well

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Welcome Moewillis! Couldn't pick a better spot to be for a WOPL. Get in touch with Gepetto (Joe - White Oak Audio), he's got the goodies you'll need. Plenty of walk throughs on this site to get you where you want to be.....and you're gonna like it!

What else you planning for your system? Speaks? Pre? Many ideas around here along with our daily thread jackings....all in fun.
i sent him a pm yesterday. havent heard back yet. i will wait until its in my hands to order parts though so no rush.

the speaks are mentioned above and im not sure yet on a pre. i have an sa-8100 im going to use the pre out of at first but i really want to find a nice pre to mate with it. ive been looking for something with a phono section and a remote control. harder than you would think to find...

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Sounds like a plan. We have some Pioneer freaks and dabblers here also. Keep looking for a pre....it can make a big difference. Acurus LS-11 (w/remote, no phono) pairs well with a WOPL.

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Sounds like a plan. We have some Pioneer freaks and dabblers here also. Keep looking for a pre....it can make a big difference. Acurus LS-11 (w/remote, no phono) pairs well with a WOPL.
thats the kind of unit im looking for. ive really been doing some soul searching lately and im really close to ditching vinyl. it sure would make my pre search easier.

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
The FISH offers a good suggestion on that Acurus preamp. I've got an RL11 and love the thing! Very basic. They're great right outta the box and are true giant killers if you get one of the Acurus gurus to make the hot rod upgrades.
There's one on eBay right now w/o the remote for $325. A universal remote is an easy work around and you'll likely need one if you have any other remote controlled gear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252469207679?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And....... Welcome to the FUN HOUSE ! ! !

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Hello, moewillis! I know of you from AK, and with the vast distances between most members here, we are almost neighbors.

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hello, moewillis! I know of you from AK, and with the vast distances between most members here, we are almost neighbors.
yes we are. im actually going to be out there for an scca autox event in 2 weeks. going to a royals game saturday. i think another ak'r buildingnut (trevor) is a member here as well. ive restored a couple receivers for him as well.

he's rough on me :toothy5:

IMG_1671.jpg

Tagline
---
Morgan,
Welcome to the best site ever! Lots of really good people here and very, very knowledgable. Nav will be by soon to give you the best welcome present ever. Guys Morgan is good people, I know him personally and he is a really good guy. It is way more laid back here than AK and you will enjoy all the fine people.
Trevor

moewillis

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Morgan,
Welcome to the best site ever! Lots of really good people here and very, very knowledgable. Nav will be by soon to give you the best welcome present ever. Guys Morgan is good people, I know him personally and he is a really good guy. It is way more laid back here than AK and you will enjoy all the fine people.
Trevor

Hey buddy. Thanks for the kind words. The same goes for you, Trevor is a good dude.

Definitley a lot of good content here, I've read through several builds

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Welcome Brother! Glad you ended up getting a 400!!! Just wait until it's max upgraded, you will be blown away!!!

If you can get your hands on a Perreaux SA3, I would HIGHLY recommend it, great match for any WOPL

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Welcome Moe, anybody that can restore the SX series of receivers has my respect, glad you're here. A WOPL build might throw you a few curves, but I doubt it....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The FISH offers a good suggestion on that Acurus preamp. I've got an RL11 and love the thing! Very basic. They're great right outta the box and are true giant killers if you get one of the Acurus gurus to make the hot rod upgrades.
There's one on eBay right now w/o the remote for $325. A universal remote is an easy work around and you'll likely need one if you have any other remote controlled gear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252469207679?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And....... Welcome to the FUN HOUSE ! ! !
Welcome Moe, gotta agree that the RL11 works killer with the WOPL. Have fun, look around and can't wait to watch your project.

Perry