Hello everyone, I'm the new guy who's hook on PL

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Whether mine uploads or not depends a lot on signal strength...out here in the wilderness we're out of signal a lot..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
A wall in my mancave is shared with the garage, the one that the shovels, rakes, chains, boomers, extension cords etc, is hung on so the garage is a very noisy place when the K's are maxed out.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Welcome aboard! Your garage looks like mine LMAO, no way I can put a real car in mine!! I am just missing the drum set but have the keyboards!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Welcome aboard! Your garage looks like mine LMAO, no way I can put a real car in mine!! I am just missing the drum set but have the keyboards!
That pic (with the keyboards) is my Uncles music room, he got my father interested in decent equipment then many years later, myself.

The shops a mess, as I said, I've moved about 2000 miles. I was just home packing up some machine shop and fabricating equipment. There will be a damned 18 wheeler involved :/ but I found time to reload the cabinets and fire the tunes up though! My girlfriend was happy to have a building at the new house until she found out it's not her Toyota's palace, but my machine shop/music room/man cave in general! Only old cars get to stay inside!

I'm not sure which denon model it is off hand, it's not a really high end one that's for sure! I'll have to ask my father but he bought it over 30 years ago, might not remember. I have all the manuals for everything stored away though.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
FCUUUUUUUUK dude - nice setup. I think you'll like it here. You had me checking out the rack next to the equipment so I must add my input.

Welcome! Do you like guitar hero? I do.
If they're playing! I bet that guitar has the smoothest playing neck around after that redhead works it over!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum. It's always great to see a member joining who has a few generations of relatives who are into home audio. You seem to be the type of guy who is heavy on the gas pedal when it comes to liking big watts for your system. I think this forum accommodates all types - some are lead-foots, others are just enjoying a leisurely summer drive.

Nando.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Welcome to our forum. It's always great to see a member joining who has a few generations of relatives who are into home audio. You seem to be the type of guy who is heavy on the gas pedal when it comes to liking big watts for your system. I think this forum accommodates all types - some are lead-foots, others are just enjoying a leisurely summer drive.

Nando.
Thanks Nando! I am "on the gas" especially if a big block Chevy is involved! I do like the music loud some times, but also like my system to sound clean and "full" at all listening levels. I found that going bi-amp gave my system flexibility to play loud or soft simply by adjusting the sub amp level depending on system volume and therefor not having to mess too much with EQ's. I don't even have an EQ hooked up right now and am just using the pre amp tome controls slightly to get a good tone. As far as garages go, I think the sound is pretty darn good, but I also realize it's not a studio!

Attached is the project that I needed some "work tunes" for, 427ci bbc vintage twin turbo setup for my 18' V Drive drag boat.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Staff member
Oh boy, you'll find a few of us here have varied interests and hobbies, including myself. That's a stout motor to be using in a drag boat. A 427 c.i. motor would have been enough for some. One turbo approximately doubles the engine displacement. Two...

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Being a fan of Monarch manual lathes, Bridgeport mills, Carlton drill presses, and Blanchard grinders, I can't identify your lathe...

My company also runs a machine shop that serves our oil company as well as other folks..

Elite-ist

Staff member
You'll have to tell us more about your drag boat in a different thread. I've been a powerboat fanatic since the early 70's.

Nando.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Being a fan of Monarch manual lathes, Bridgeport mills, Carlton drill presses, and Blanchard grinders, I can't identify your lathe...

My company also runs a machine shop that serves our oil company as well as other folks..
She's a work horse that lathe, Sirco PA-24x80 made in Yugoslavia I think, early 70's. It weighs about 5ton, was 15 hp but now has a 10hp single phase. Has a nice big hole through the head. I have a Bridgeport clone, and a small Shultz surface grinder also. Nothing too fancy, but a lot of interesting parts have come off them over the years!

I'd like to see some more of that boat, I'm not sure what hull it is, sort of looks like a Kona a friend of mine had. We always had a J-craft somewhere in the family and we skied our asses off behind them! The 427 is going in a '71 Hondo.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
You'll have to tell us more about your drag boat in a different thread. I've been a powerboat fanatic since the early 70's.

Nando.
Never mind my last comment, the pic suddenly came up much clearer! Looks like a sweet machine. Those merc "tower of power"s are a great engine!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
FCUUUUUUUUK dude - nice setup. I think you'll like it here. You had me checking out the rack next to the equipment so I must add my input.

Welcome! Do you like guitar hero? I do.
her fretwork looks a little tight...she should try an open chord

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Doug: I have the new inlet needle and seat, and I bought another service manual because I misplaced my original. Now, I can set the float drop properly. I doubt the weather is going to be good enough for a spin, but you never know.

AngrySailor: A '71 Hondo is a great boat. My ride is a 1969 California Sidewinder Lo-Pro. I almost bought a Glen L Thunderbolt kit boat with 425 c.i. Buick Nailhead, but I've owned a 1965 Glen L Thunderbolt with outboard. It was my first ski boat.

Here's the Sidewinder:

Nando.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
That's a sweet machine! What a lake to run it on also! We had a '69 J-craft with a 135 merc on it, a family friend owns in now but the engine hasn't been touched since someone forgot to mix oil in the gas in about '72. It was rebuild and run long and hard, still going strong to this day! Love those old mercs!