heathkit ap 1615 preamp

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Seems most folks on the forum prefer to stay vintage. On preamps I prefer modern gear. (OK, beat me up guys) Right now I'm using two Parasound Halo P5s in different rooms:

http://www.parasound.com/p5.php

Great preamp. Built in DAC so you can use USB from your computer and get awesome sound. All the other inputs you could need. Also a subwoofer output.
I use most of my USBs for keyboard, mouse and external drives though. Most of my computers are like AARP eligible tho.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Seems most folks on the forum prefer to stay vintage. On preamps I prefer modern gear. (OK, beat me up guys) Right now I'm using two Parasound Halo P5s in different rooms:

http://www.parasound.com/p5.php

Great preamp. Built in DAC so you can use USB from your computer and get awesome sound. All the other inputs you could need. Also a subwoofer output.

Nope, not gonna happen, no flame here Fred, you know that...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My computers obey me tho and I refuse to join AARP.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
Most of our vintage is modern inside...
yes but it is done like old usa and japan or if the digital revaluation never happened I do not even have to ask but I am almost 100% on that all the white oak and wattsabundent stuff is american and japanese no out sorceing no china any where that is the difference new things can be very nice but they have to be done the right way and as I said usa and japan best electronics in the world also what made you want to make audio upgrades and why phase linear other then they are very compact for what they are and the size to proformance ratio is great all that great stuff out of such a small package well done sir

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
Maybe it's simplicity compared to the others?

Maybe just shit luck that this one is as good as it is .....

Hard to say, I had high hopes to upgrade from the 3200 back in the day and made my way through the series but never did better than the 3200.

I had a serious Marantz faze back then!

Last edited:

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
One of these days I will get around to mod my C1 and then compare it to the benchmark that is the 3200.
I drifted away from the pre's and the current set up relies on my DSP to drive the amps.
(4 way active)
The minidsp 4x10HD is actually very good at what it does, the new flex series is supposed to be a big leap as far as the "specs" say.
They have been criticized for cheap op amps in the 4x10's but they are built to a price point to sell and I get that....

What's Joe say , always making it better?

Like all of us just looking for that combination of "stuff " that just seems to get to the next level!

Love it !