heathkit ap 1615 preamp

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
other then this I really can not find any info on it bottum right corner of pic has some specs

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
It'll do....as you go on though you'll want a better one....
I do plan on upgrading at some if I ever get a lumsome of cash here is a list of preamps I am considering

pioneer spec 1 ss
kenwood basic c2 ss
dynaco pat-5 ss
dynaco pass-3 tubes/valves
heathkit ap 1800
carver c4000 ss
kit tube preamp with 2 6j4 2 6p6p 1 6p5z
phase linear 4000 series 1/one/i ss and series 2/ii/two ss
I am also considering some offering from yamaha

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Just remember that some of those 70s and 80s Yammies are darn hard to find things for and as a result they are picked clean of custom ICs that are NLA. But if you have a working one thank Nippon Gakki for a nice job.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
thanks for the headsup did not know that I am really not brand picky if it looks nice and sounds nice that is good enough for me I lean to vintage mostly tough because to me it is built better looks better and sounds better that being said there a small hand full of good new gear out there but it just is not the same I like japan and murcin (american-murica) made things the most

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
thanks I will check them out I am not really in the market for one yet but I will be eventualy

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
orange had warned me about the yamahas I am going to try the kit preamp cause why not I would like thoughts the list of preamps I have given

orange

Tagline
thanks for the headsup did not know that I am really not brand picky if it looks nice and sounds nice that is good enough for me I lean to vintage mostly tough because to me it is built better looks better and sounds better that being said there a small hand full of good new gear out there but it just is not the same I like japan and murcin (american-murica) made things the most
Perfect! I dig Japanese and American Women! I can even look on the bright side of Yoko Ono!

Oh hell, even the Commies now and then.​

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
tape cd computer ps3 on wifi the fm am smart phone if some ome has one through aux cable the only things I do have are a turntable 8 track and reel to reel or bluetooth

my system also is used for tv movies and video games

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Perfect! I dig Japanese and American Women! I can even look on the bright side of Yoko Ono!

Oh hell, even the Commies now and then.

one of these day I need to go to one of toughs massage parlors that give you a HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!! when you are done

orange

Tagline
one of these day I need to go to one of toughs massage parlors that give you a HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!! when you are done
Nah, they advertise too much and get busted all the time, and I can't get to Boise to see Journey and Asia today (with Billy Sherwood and Steve Howe of YES filling in) so other than that there is seeing my dad and uncle at the VA Cemetery and the holidays when my niece shows what a great cook she is.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Seems most folks on the forum prefer to stay vintage. On preamps I prefer modern gear. (OK, beat me up guys) Right now I'm using two Parasound Halo P5s in different rooms:

http://www.parasound.com/p5.php

Great preamp. Built in DAC so you can use USB from your computer and get awesome sound. All the other inputs you could need. Also a subwoofer output.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Seems most folks on the forum prefer to stay vintage. On preamps I prefer modern gear. (OK, beat me up guys) Right now I'm using two Parasound Halo P5s in different rooms:

http://www.parasound.com/p5.php

Great preamp. Built in DAC so you can use USB from your computer and get awesome sound. All the other inputs you could need. Also a subwoofer output.
that is very nice but why so high http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasound-H...993584?hash=item44004f9cb0:g:Xw8AAOSwCU1Y0Ubm

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I am big on vintage to I love all the knobs buttons switches meters and dials the smells when they warm up the wood the metal