Grant Fidelity P-307 Review.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
laatsch55 said:
Larry does the Shanling have a DAC or is it just a transport?
It has a dac well 2 of them. It is like a mono design if I remember right. plus I can change the sampling with the remote.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Yep. I can up sample on mine. I think I go to 196. I just saw the manual yesterday. I'll have to look. The headphone jack has its own tube set up. The 2 tubes are for the dacs. I forget what the 4th tube is for. I have to look at the manual. It does so much.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
.....................and closer..................................................................

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
.........................and closer................................................................................................

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Stuwee would get a kick out of that. AND WHERE IS THE STUMEISTER(yelling)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ok, I guess aguy can go back but it's never the same. I'm F%^&$#. Never have the Midhorns sounded as good as they do on tubes. I started de-oxiting the D-23. A quick refurb on a Cali 700B for the bass Bins, tubes on the horns , and my sweet little Kenwood KA 5002 on the tweets might be the ticket.
I would actually go out and pay retail price for Mr. Grant. I'm that impressed. How can the soundstage change that dramatically?????????

speakerman1

Tagline
I told you I would spoil you with it. Once you do them there is no going back. Do you want tubes for the other 2 and how many watts? Or do you just want buffers. I sold a 13 wpc 300B amp for 1200.00 and that was cheap. If you just want buffers or do you want to go with a tubes CDP?

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Ok, I guess aguy can go back but it's never the same. I'm F%^&$#. Never have the Midhorns sounded as good as they do on tubes. I started de-oxiting the D-23. A quick refurb on a Cali 700B for the bass Bins, tubes on the horns , and my sweet little Kenwood KA 5002 on the tweets might be the ticket.
I would actually go out and pay retail price for Mr. Grant. I'm that impressed. How can the soundstage change that dramatically?????????

Lee trust me on this. I never pay retail. Let me know what you want to do. No retail.

Larry