Grant Fidelity P-307 Review.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What in God's name are those glowing things?????????
Why didn't somebody tell me not to turn the amp on till Mr. Grant had been on for awhile?

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
That doesn't make for a positive opening remark for the review, Lee. How about a real review after warm-up? You are "totally tubeless" sometimes.

Nando.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Why what happened. It only takes minutes really. Some people let them on for hours before they put music to them. I usually turn it on then set the TT up to play. Did you roll the tubes?

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Just a noob mistake. Had the Spec on and the cd player, turned on the Grant last, BIG MISTAKE Lesson 1 --- tubes make a lot of noise on startup!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Glad we got that worked out. Now I'm in the market for a 50-75 watt tube amp for the 2" tractix horns !! Time to tri-amp the K-horns.

speakerman1

Tagline
Well how does it sound? 50 to 75 watt tube is going to run you some bucks. Probably cheaper to get a tubed cdp. So you are using it as a buffer? When I first started I had a buffer I couldn't tell the difference it got sold fast.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Did you take the covers off yet. I was always going to do it just never did. I would like to see the glow. If you use it for your TT I would swap tubes. I use to lose volume on my TT amps. Now that I have the Sovtec in it has made a difference that way. It just sounds better.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
speakerman1 said:
Did you get that AA CDP yet? You would like my Shanling CDP.

Larry
I saw my first Shanling CDP at Innovative Audio last month. It didn't take long for it to sell.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm not edumacated enough to take good pics. I point and shoot. LOL It even looks better in the dark. The blue leds on the plastic is cool.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well what do you think so far. Would you like me to look for tube amps for you? Do you want a straight tube or a hybrid? I have some places I can go to. To me I wouldn't buy any yet. I think you may try those mono-blocs that are coming. Try them 1st. You may be surprised. LOL

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yeah, I wasn't going to pull the trigger just yet, still want to try a mosfet amp too. Joe's about done reworking the board layout on G. Randy Sloans 400 watt mosfet. Joe said there was some things he could have done better on those. I was gonna raise the rail voltage to kick em up to 500, we'll see what Joe can do about that.

Anyway, I like thetubes going through the Midhorns on the K-Horns, Smooth, like babies butt.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, Mr. grant is a fine piece of gear. The noise floor seemed a bit much till I swapped tubes to the Sylvania's, the background hiss dropped a lot. Why?? Do certain brands of the same model tube vary that much.?