Grace Tonearms

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
The base arrived. Very cool. Cost me 50 some dollars. So I have less than 400.00 in this arm. I will have less than 800 in the Teac TT and arm. Think I did good?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Larry, you don't need much confirmation from me...you know a lot more than I do about it and can get it done, this I know from knowing you about three years.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: Once that combination is up and running and to your satisfaction, then I would say you will be even more than OK. You will have to remind me which cartridge you have set aside for it. Or will you try a few different ones to narrow it down to the best for that application?

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
I may go to a MC. I have a Goldring 2400, and older Pickering. The one with the brush I have never listened to it. High output MC would be pretty cool no special amp. Then The Shure with the Jico on it. I do like the Goldring a lot. Nicest cart I have owned. Paid 60.00 some bucks for it. The guy said he messed up by selling it. Thought he didn't like the sound until it was gone and he had bought another Cart. The one I got I think he said between 10 and 20 hours on it. He didn't ask for it. He knew that wasn't going to happen in our life time. LOL God takes care of fools that is why I think I find things when I do. I looked for a base a long time off and on for months. Hadn't done it in awhile, Now why would I pick that day to look. What are the chances to even find one without the arm. Few and far between. That and a needle in a hay stack. The other part. How often are you going to find an arm like that for the price I paid. Life is very good to me.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: A good MC cartridge would be an option. But, if you were to buy a new one a modest one would be around $350. So, I would be interested in how you make out with what you already have. You seem to have a few good choices. Is the Pickering the one with the brush? I use a Pickering XSV/4000 on my Pioneer PL-630 turntable.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I am on the hunt for a 727 for my PL-550. It's funny, you can get a used TT w/ one mounted on it for less then the tonearm itself at auction. I had a KD-500 several years ago that came with the 707. I sold the table and all for $400 later on when I got a Thorens TD-320. There is a TT at a local thrift that I have inquired about as it was not priced, just got a call today (month later) to come down, it's $30 so I am heading down there to refresh my memory of what it was LOL. I know there was a reason why I left my number but for the life of me can't even remember what TT it was LMAO

speakerman1

Tagline
I'm hoping I like the 704. I think I will. To me is just a piece of art. The arm being machined out of solid alum. No bending. I looked for 727s till I found the 704. Just some deals you can't pass up.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Finally found a one owner Pioneer PL 1000 in excellent shape. It will be delivered by hand in the spring, I am pumped!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Thanks, been lokin for one for awhile. But did't want a junker, or a shipping victim, or a F^%$#@ up control system. This one exhibits none of those symptoms...

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Phase Linear 8000

How's your's workin for ya Jim?
Absolutely perfect. I found a brand new Ortofon F15 MK II that works fantastic. (If yours has the original Pioneer 600 cartridge
that is the first thing to swap out). Let me know when you get yours so we can work out a few mods for future proofing them.

I'm listening to mine right now. Stan Kenton.

My Tangential is attached to my WOPL (Oh My)

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Beautiful setup Jim. Any mods to the 2000??. As far as carts go, I picked up 6-7 turntables lately and I don't even know what they have. One is a B & O linear tracker so it might have a pretty decent cart, one is a beautiful little Luxman that may contain a sleeper. Is the Ortofon MC orMM??