Grace Tonearms

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Beautiful setup Jim. Any mods to the 2000??. As far as carts go, I picked up 6-7 turntables lately and I don't even know what they have. One is a B & O linear tracker so it might have a pretty decent cart, one is a beautiful little Luxman that may contain a sleeper. Is the Ortofon MC orMM??
Ortofon is an MM. I can't see paying for a MC. I have a B & O cartridge adapter if you need one. (I have no use for it)

My 2000 has the RCA plugs mounted on the back of the case and hard wired to the circuit board. (As many times as I
switch around components this is a must)

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
All those ceramic caps can go to. Get a same value film cap. Did that to the last 2000 I did. One of Joe's quotes----" Ceramic caps have NO PLACE in audio." I tried my darndest on that latest 2000, just didn't have all the values I needed and there was a 6 week backorder.

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
All those ceramic caps can go to. Get a same value film cap. Did that to the last 2000 I did. One of Joe's quotes----" Ceramic caps have NO PLACE in audio." I tried my darndest on that latest 2000, just didn't have all the values I needed and there was a 6 week backorder.
What is a brown dog? Is the 2000 and 2000 series II the same?

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Would like to do some similar upgrades to my Pre. When I'm done with the power amps though. Op amps, new caps, and I forget what Thierry did to the muting section in his pre, but it eliminates the hiss from the pre map... yeah that.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The Brown Dog adapters are for the uprading of the RC4136 first gen op-amp. It consists of a DIL14 14 footprin, that is pin by pin interchangeable with the RC4136. There are 2 surface mount Op2134's soldered to it. The 4136 had a weir pinout and is a bitch to replace. The BD adapters are first class stuff, cost about 8.00 bucks and worth every penny. Google Brown-Dog adapters.

Bubba---get your tech to lookus over, he might pick up some tricks and we could damn sure benefit frm any posting of his...

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Always had Briar pipes. Never a Meershaum. Suppose to be no burn in. Some tobaccos can have a pretty nasty bite. So far just testing the different ones I have. The cherry leaves a nice taste in your mouth. The vanilla is pretty calm with a good taste. How is that for stomping a thread. LOL

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The Brown Dog adapters are for the uprading of the RC4136 first gen op-amp. It consists of a DIL14 14 footprin, that is pin by pin interchangeable with the RC4136. There are 2 surface mount Op2134's soldered to it. The 4136 had a weir pinout and is a bitch to replace. The BD adapters are first class stuff, cost about 8.00 bucks and worth every penny. Google Brown-Dog adapters.

Bubba---get your tech to lookus over, he might pick up some tricks and we could damn sure benefit frm any posting of his...
I think I get it. What is the orientation of the op2134's to solder onto the dil14? (I don't see any markings)

Did you come up with any upgrade for the 4739.

PS: That is a very nice Grace 707