Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Left Chattanooga at $2.84 for regular, been paying about $2.96 so far, with a stop at an interstate intersection costing $3.06 per gallon. Can't complain so far other than the <10 mpg I'm getting. Seems like you're always pulling uphill in the delta.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Left Chattanooga at $2.84 for regular, been paying about $2.96 so far, with a stop at an interstate intersection costing $3.06 per gallon. Can't complain so far other than the <10 mpg I'm getting. Seems like you're always pulling uphill in the delta.

I get 5.8 with my 2008 Chev with the big block....but then my Jayco has quite a high profile and Jani makes sure it's heavy...

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Found $2.84 in the metroplex this afternoon. That's Chattanooga prices.

Edit: and yeah, we got the headwind to go with the hills today. More trucks than I cared to deal with on I-30 with that kind of wind but the trailer pulled like a champ.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
When I came back to NY from WV I was dragging a U-maul behind my Defender. Hardly noticed it even on the hills!

And got the usual 20mpg doing it.

It’s a miracle machine. 2.5l direct injected turbo diesel. Best engine they offered (they didn’t make it).

There is a 2.8l version with a variable cane turbo that is sweeeeet. But I honestly don’t need it.

Tagline
Retired
Gas hasn't move much here for the last couple of weeks. Prices are holding around $3.08 to $3.19. Average in Iowa is $3.20 give or take depending on what day of the week it is. It probably won't move here in town this weekend since most people fill up during the weekend. Its been cold as hell here this week, minus 9 below last night and more on the way for the next few days. People been running their cars in the morning before heading out to work.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Being based here in the UK it was probably not the best time to buy a lovely ( Present from Mrs PC ) Mercedes 5.5L V8 car!! It manages around 14 MPG around town, if driven like a Nun....

Petrol here is around £7.50 per gallon for super unleaded ( Which is what the car needs ) ....

21.1 Gallon tank = £158.25 to fill up - Which is $214 USD....!!

But it is worth every penny:cool:

If it was my only choice of transport i would be crying if i had to use it for commuting....

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
And I keep bitching about $3.80-90/gal for high octane here…. Thankfully the Forester gets 25mpg and the A4 27.

Anybody here buy Aviation gas? Bet that’s past $5/gal

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Here in Australia we are peaking at $7 aud per gallon for regular. That's about $5 usd per gallon. Crazy!

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
How many of you in areas with snow use a heater on your car so it can be started in the morning? This is unheard of in Australia.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Not that unusual in the northeast. I have an oil and water heater in my (diesel) truck that I installed for the Arctic but when I did get to drive it in the winter, that helped a lot.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Overnight we got a 20-cent increase so back up to $4.39 now. Why? Any guesses?