Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
$2.66 at the Shell station in town. I attribute this low price to the usual 'holiday' discounting that rolls in every year. Average in the area is more like $2.75.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
As of this moment Gas Buddy reports prices of $3.11 to $3.15 at about 3PM CST and I did see $3.05 this morning. You wonder who is controlling these prices- want higher prices? Easy, just go into Chicago or Crook County to find them. These prices are in DuPage County.

Tagline
Retired
Gas is $2.84 on the low side and our local BP station is holding at $3.20. Bp is in a good place sitting at the foot of the bridge connecting Iowa with Illinois since their gas tax is 38 cents. All the futures are down this morning except natural gas is up about 3 points. Our winter weather is still unusually warm for this time of year with highs in the 40's & some days in the 50's. Had a temp of 73 last Thursday. That set an all time record for that date. Hopefully the cold weather will hold off for a while since utility bills are climbing.

Tagline
Retired
Gas prices have remained steady for the last couple days. 11 of the 13 stations reporting, Murphy's is $2.84, the rest are sitting at$2.99, including the BP station. Normally they are the highest in town.

I heard on the CNBC stock channel this morning, that last week was the largest demand for transportation fuel in the last ten years. I assume this probably means all fuel used across the board; cars, trucks, planes, ETC. If this means trains included. The Union Pacific and Canadian Pacific running through our town, some are burning a lot of fuel just sitting idle waiting to pick up full tank cars at a couple of factories here in town.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Gas prices have remained steady for the last couple days. 11 of the 13 stations reporting, Murphy's is $2.84, the rest are sitting at$2.99, including the BP station. Normally they are the highest in town.

I heard on the CNBC stock channel this morning, that last week was the largest demand for transportation fuel in the last ten years. I assume this probably means all fuel used across the board; cars, trucks, planes, ETC. If this means trains included. The Union Pacific and Canadian Pacific running through our town, some are burning a lot of fuel just sitting idle waiting to pick up full tank cars at a couple of factories here in town.
Yup, ADM always have trains and trucks waiting

Tagline
Retired
Yup, ADM always have trains and trucks waiting
Our ADM plant here in Clinton is damn near a mile long and they own probably another 100 acres on the south side of the tracks located on the SE part of town. They also own the river municipal dock. Paid six million to the city for the dock about 5 years ago.