Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Tagline
Retired
Prices are slowly creeping up. Last weekend prices were 2.70 to 2.87. This weekend, prices are 2.78 to 2.84. Down .03 cents on the high side from last week.

pennysdad

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
When I topped up last week, I pulled in, and it was $1.35/litre.
After I filled up and paid, it changed to $1.65/litre.
Lucky I don't drive much. A full tank will last me a month, sometimes even 3!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
$3.95 and rising as the holiday weekend moves closer. This summer will probably make some real money for the oil companies as people start doing the big getaway to other places.

gamve

Journeyman
Whoa red flags on that link, I'm not giving my info out or permission for others to use it for god knows what to anyone, AZ is always cheaper than the rest of the country, I don't drive but pay others to tho.
WOW, this is a bloody old thread and I get an email from you guys......I am stoked. Have not been here much since our good mate Larry passed. I often wonder how you guys all are. I have one of Stuwee's postcards permanently on display in my music room. Still loving the tapes have a dragon from Perry that I just love and a whole bunch of old studers. Looks like I need to get active here again

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
WOW, this is a bloody old thread and I get an email from you guys......I am stoked. Have not been here much since our good mate Larry passed. I often wonder how you guys all are. I have one of Stuwee's postcards permanently on display in my music room. Still loving the tapes have a dragon from Perry that I just love and a whole bunch of old studers. Looks like I need to get active here again
Hey Graham, long time!! Sorry to say, but Craig/stuwee passed away a few months back. Was thinking about him the other night while working on the forum / coming across a few posts here and there from him.

Stay awhile!

gamve

Journeyman
Hey Graham, long time!! Sorry to say, but Craig/stuwee passed away a few months back. Was thinking about him the other night while working on the forum / coming across a few posts here and there from him.

Stay awhile!
Aw Shit, Sorry to hear Craig has gone. Craig was a character and a bit of a shit stirrer to boot. We shared some good times. I sent him a hard drive full of music and a heap of tapes years ago. Craig sent me some of his art work. What can I say life throws up some curly ones. A lot of water under the bridge since I was here last time. Would be good to get involved again as I have now sold my business and was recently "retired" recently by the new owners. Will have a look at what's been going on here and try and get a bit active again.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well in my neck of the woods the lowest price I found was $2.95 and that was a Gulf station. Most the time all the prices are above $3.00 as high as $3.27 by observation. It helps to have the Gas Buddy app on the phone and see where the best prices are in your area. I use their card and get even more money off.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
$2.70 at my favorite station in town. Paid $2.85 and $2.99 for fill-ups in west Tennessee and Alabama last week while traveling to and from Shiloh National Battlefield.

Tagline
Retired
Gas prices are still bouncing around. Last week prices were hovering around around 2.78. Yesterday, prices were (low) 2.64. Now, if I could figure out what the hell is causing the real estate market prices to be so high.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Gas prices are still bouncing around. Last week prices were hovering around around 2.78. Yesterday, prices were (low) 2.64. Now, if I could figure out what the hell is causing the real estate market prices to be so high.
High demand and low supply...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Now, if I could figure out what the hell is causing the real estate market prices to be so high.
The cost of building materials is the explanation - especially lumber.

Oh, the side-effect? Wait until you see home owner insurance policy price increases because of that same 'basis'.

People voted for change... they got it!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Home prices are also being helped by big hedge funds gobbling up a lot of properties thinking they can get a better return than bonds. BlackRock being one of the prime movers..

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Home prices are also being helped by big hedge funds gobbling up a lot of properties thinking they can get a better return than bonds. BlackRock being one of the prime movers..
Yup, many forces at work. Around me, it is yuppies fleeing Boston for the burbs after the lockdowns occurred in the cities and crime went up. So many houses surrounding me were built new in the last year. When a lot opens up in my town, it sells nearly immediately.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
The prices are up to around $3.50 in Chicago and I just ordered a Gas Buddy card for the wife but we don't drive much anymore. In 10 years gas may not power cars anymore. I hope those oil crooks are happy then.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The prices are up to around $3.50 in Chicago and I just ordered a Gas Buddy card for the wife but we don't drive much anymore. In 10 years gas may not power cars anymore. I hope those oil crooks are happy then.
Easy there fella, I are one :cool:

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
With the current power plants electric cars have a larger carbon footprint than a gasoline powered automobile