Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Oil closed above 60.00 yesterday and our deduct is only 5.35, so we are going to get 54 this month. When he declared no more leasing and drilling on federal lands the price started going up. Stopping the XL pipeline didn't help either, helped us here in Wyo because we are chasing the same market the XL is....sad that for us to prosper here so much else has to be fucked up. It's gonna get way worse too because the needed infrastructure for oil and gas will get a lot less money and there will be more impediments thrown in our way. I think they want oil terribly expensive so they will have a stronger case for renewables. It snowed in Saudia Arabia, we do NOT have global warming, we have global cooling and it's going to be wayyyyy to late when people can see it for themselves, instead of feeding on the propaganda of climate change...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Oil closed above 60.00 yesterday and our deduct is only 5.35, so we are going to get 54 this month. When he declared no more leasing and drilling on federal lands the price started going up. Stopping the XL pipeline didn't help either, helped us here in Wyo because we are chasing the same market the XL is....sad that for us to prosper here so much else has to be fucked up. It's gonna get way worse too because the needed infrastructure for oil and gas will get a lot less money and there will be more impediments thrown in our way. I think they want oil terribly expensive so they will have a stronger case for renewables. It snowed in Saudia Arabia, we do NOT have global warming, we have global cooling and it's going to be wayyyyy to late when people can see it for themselves, instead of feeding on the propaganda of climate change...
They will be begging for oil heat when it is too late...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
That and especially natural gas. Natural G requires a lot more infrastructure than oil....gathering, processing, interstate shipping, distribution, ...a lot of power plants changed over to gas because it was cheaper than coal....not for long...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That and especially natural gas. Natural G requires a lot more infrastructure than oil....gathering, processing, interstate shipping, distribution, ...a lot of power plants changed over to gas because it was cheaper than coal....not for long...
Yeah that ship has sailed...

Tagline
Retired
Prices have been up & down for the last couple of weeks. But gas is about a $1.00 a gallon higher now then it was a year ago. The cost of natural gas (higher) has a big impact on the cost of people's utility bills this winter where I Live. Plus, our coal burning generating plant was shut down two years ago so we are now totally dependent on the grid.

Some people are complaining that the pipeline shutdown is partly to blame for the higher prices for gas. Those complaining may be a little near-sighted by not factoring in now that people are starting to travel more and companies are beginning to ship more products via all forms of transportation.

Now the activist are after the pipeline in Minnesota saying it harming the environment. I wish people would come with more facts then driving to the sight in their SUV that put out more carbon emissions then they care to admit or maybe realize.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Yeah, and electric vehicles, gee, producing them is going to cause a huge increase in mining for the battery materials, new tooling and infrastructure costs, then you need to charge the damn batteries. Seems it would be more environmentally friendly to rebuild older vehicles and keep them on the road.
Unfortunately I think the ultimate goal is to eliminate most privately owned transportation. Make people more dependent on government, easier to control them.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The price of crude is directly related to_Opec keeping the production cuts on and the decline of domestic production. Shale production declines rather rapidly , if you are not drilling you are not replacing reserves.
We were exporting 2 million bbls a day of light, sweet crude. The Keystone pipeline was going to supply refineries at the gulf coast, geared for heavy sour crude. There have been several refinery shutdowns due to curtailed demand and some will not come back. There were no buyers for a 100,000 bbl/ day refinery that Shell was trying to sell.
This is what worries me. Refineries take massive amounts of capital at times and the greenies having more political power the investment needed may not be there in the near future due to the political climate.
We are in for a bumpy ride and as the need to maintain oil infrastructure comes due it may make more sense to close things down as opposed to fix it. We, as small producers are doing well right now, but I do worry about what it looks like in 4 years.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
There are 4 coal burning power plants within 5 miles of the house. Two receive coal via conveyor belts from mines right next door. We'll have electricity at least.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
$2.59 is the average around these parts... thanks to Texas and our lower cost of living.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I just saw $2.59 yesterday locally. Seems about right now that things are waking up again. If higher prices are what I pay for demand to get back to normal - with all that indicates - I'm okay with that. We should hit some kind of equilibrium once we get the pipeline of goods - industrial and consumer - refilled after last year.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I heard (and read...) s h ! t about some Cali prices moving very close to $5/gal. Exaggeration?
Maybe a little much but soon with summer they change the mix to " Summer Blend" with more alcohol in it and raise the price. Also the refineries have to shut down to to change over to do the Summer Blend which also increases the price, so who knows? They gotta make up for what was lost last year with less drivers around.

Tagline
Retired
Prices are constantly moving here where I live. High is $2.70 & low is $2.64. Oil futures are up this morning after showing them down at the close of the market day a little over 6%. Six states were showing gas prices over $3.00 per gallon.

I had to laugh yesterday when a congressman talked about a bill that would eliminate all gas fueled cars by 2030. I wonder where he thinks he's going to find tax dollars to repair roads and everything else that gas tax is used fore. Iowa has .21 cents per gallon and the feds at .37 cents. Across the river, Illinois gas tax is .38 cents a gallon. Maybe some one should advise the congressman that you should be smarter then a broom handle to be elected, or maybe the message should be sent to the voters.

mlucitt

Maybe some one should advise the congressman that you should be smarter then a broom handle to be elected, or maybe the message should be sent to the voters.
Congresspeople used to be the smartest person in their Congressional District. Today, they may not even come from that state, they are politically and financially "connected" (funded) by the people with agendas, they don't represent you unless you contribute or "bundle" for the election campaign which starts the day after they are sworn in.
I do not understand these people that vote for incumbents. That was never the plan, get some fresh blood in there and keep the lobbyists at bay by changing the players every two years. Wake up people!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Between $2.499 and $2.659 here in SC, depending (I guess..) on when they had their storage tanks filled. Wide variance! Another issue is that so many other things come from petroleum- plastics, for example. Shipping costs will raise your grocery bill, etc. (we all know those dominoes by name now, so I need go no further..).