Fred's Toob amp(s) build.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Grandkids are old enough to understand they are hot. They love singing and being recorded on the reel to reel. They have a hard time understanding vinyl records

BlueCrab

Journeyman
My son for Christmas bought me a vinyl album (Nathaniel Rateliff - It's still alright,
). First new vinyl album since the late 80's. I still have all my old vinyl and my kids love looking through and playing my old stuff. Much of it well worn. So I was really impressed with this new vinyl - how quiet it is. No lead-in ticks and pops. Latest pressings seem to be really really well done. And the new vinyl comes with a free download as well. So now he's buying more - for himself.

They have a hard time understanding vinyl records
Actually, me too. How those friggen little wiggles in the groove turn into quality sound amazes me - and stereo to boot. I understand the physics and electronics, but it is still a tribute to technology.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
My son for Christmas bought me a vinyl album (Nathaniel Rateliff - It's still alright,
). First new vinyl album since the late 80's. I still have all my old vinyl and my kids love looking through and playing my old stuff. Much of it well worn. So I was really impressed with this new vinyl - how quiet it is. No lead-in ticks and pops. Latest pressings seem to be really really well done. And the new vinyl comes with a free download as well. So now he's buying more - for himself.

Actually, me too. How those friggen little wiggles in the groove turn into quality sound amazes me - and stereo to boot. I understand the physics and electronics, but it is still a tribute to technology.

WTF..........

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
If it wasn't for Joe, I'd be just another Wino.................

SHIT!!!! That's a great T-Shirt idea "If it Wasn't for Joe and White Oak Audio, I'd still be a WINO" :eek:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Back to work.... More Pics coming later today. I had to clean the shop yesterday and found 2 WWII japanese sailors, A Bobby Dazzler, and a 700B behind the pile of old Heat sinks and face plates I have left over from White Oaking a shit-load of amps. I don't think they will all fit in my 50 gallon trash can and even if they did, even the truck wouldn't be able to move it. Maybe I'll bury them in the back yard and let the treasure hunters find them. ANYBODY NEED 40 beat up Heat sinks and tortured face plates??? :)

If I knew how to mig weld, I'd make a sculpture with all that aluminum as a tribute to the WOPL Gods and become famous and cut my ear off.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I wonder if I could cut off part of a 700B heatsink and use it as an (early) PL400 heatsink? To replace the four-finner?
Just start drilling or use self tapping screws and since it's a 400, you don't even need to take it apart! If you drill into something important, a dab of JB Weld will make that 400 just like it came from the factory.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
I need to clean out my living room cuz my wife say so .. i need to get rid of some my tube stuff....Futterman H3-A OTL ,McIntosh C22Preamp 240 + 275 and Quicksliver also i have a AR SP6 giving away which need massive repair don't have time to do the rebuild on this.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Coming along. Now comes the fun part. The endless hours of wiring. Tomorrow, I'll get them partially wired, Sunday I'll get them wired enough to get the "Auto Bias PCB set according to the manual. Only the 6.3 VAC gets hooked up for that portion.

IMG_6484.jpg IMG_6485.jpg IMG_6486.jpg IMG_6487.jpg IMG_6488.jpg IMG_6489.jpg IMG_6490.jpg IMG_6491.jpg

Attachments

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Will do...looking good there .. i have 2 Dynaco MK3 and a ST70 with Joe Curcio upgrade never hook them up since i got them 10 years ago

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
The wife just made me take the trash out.... How's that for utilizing my acquired skills???

HUH?

I'll do my best and try to stay sober during the wiring phase :)
That one five wire on the heavy tab of this doohickey I gotta see when you got it done! (not my pic.. didn't want to leave any evidence on mine buah ha ha)

1610164578637.png