Firefox 57 "Quantum" is out now, anybody using it with Windows other than me?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I don't know but I wish they'd give up on this Quantum sh!t and make something that actually works. I have a better chance of converting the Pope to Methodism lately.

orange

Tagline
Version 62.0.2 was rolled out yesterday and MAY fix some problems you may have experienced in 62.0

Your Mileage May Vary.

orange

Tagline
Seems better...previously some pages were seeming to load twice and I had a lot of crashes.

orange

Tagline
Well, I've finally had it with IE 11...I banished the icon from the taskbar and I'm 100% Firefox now.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
After reading this entire thread, I'm glad I don't mess with all this stuff, Everything runs fine here. If it ain't broke stop messing with it. Sorry you folks get caught in what I see is a trap to buy/add more things you don't need. I think some companies prey on O/C personalities types (most of us in audiophile land), just my 2 nickels. I'm not flaming any of my friends here, just sayin'...

orange

Tagline
Well, maybe NOT, Craig...

A lot of this stuff is to fix or improve stuff that didn't work well or was unknowingly a big problem for years and years...

Today Firefox released version 63, if you are using 62.0.3 and are not set up for automatically updating then do so.

Here are some details about the changes and new features you can use to curtail some third-party tracking (which would explain why that certain advertisement follows you from site to site)...

https://www.techradar.com/news/firefox-63-launches-with-improved-tracking-protection

Another bug discovered and addressed recently involves the RTSP protocol for live streaming over programs like VLC (very popular) and Mplayer among others. If you use these two or others that are similar please make sure you are fully updated.

https://www.techradar.com/news/vlc-media-player-and-mplayer-contain-critical-vulnerability-bugs

Problems such as these occur because humans design systems and sometimes the things they create become obsolete or a security risk as how we use computers and devices changes. We can't be Allen Luddite, although Betty Whitelist wishes we could.

orange

Tagline
32 bit is still a bit of a pain. It crashes too much.

orange

Tagline
FF 63.0.3 is out. For some reason it took maybe 3 times before it finally installed in both 32 and 64 bit versions, perhaps because I was still in 63.0.1 but it's going now.

Hoping that the incessant crashing in 32 bit has been fixed.

orange

Tagline
Firefox has just updated to 64.0 and I either didn't have to go back into settings or it was agnostic about that.