Finally....A Sweet Maxell Score

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
That's about as good as it gets, Matt. That is enough tape stock to keep you happy for a very long time.

Nnado.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The base price was $1.59/ea. But shipping has to be factored in as well. Any way you slice it, that is a smoking screaming deal. These typically sell for $25-$30 EACH. I thought it was a typo. $15.99 for ONE would be a score. $15.99 for a ten pack case is simply UNHEARD of.

But my intent is to flip enough to at least make my money back and perhaps a little bit of profit. Anyone who knows me ought to know that I usually don't use 7" tape. I suppose I could do the ol' splice two onto a 10" reel and go that route. I might do that for a few. The rest I might use for trade.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Your beat our deal on the gently used and nicely recorded XLIs Lee helped me buy for our first Christmas mailing!

I'd say you could keep Mrs. Des-Lab happy with tuneage for quite a while, and you don't need pink or blue tapes.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
No one has done anything to help me out.

The old Mrs Des is no longer Mrs Des.

There is a new gal acting as Mrs Des now.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Not yet. The Little One is due in Feb.

I keep telling everyone that this kid will have a special talent. Because I am Caucasian and she is Latina, this kid will know how to steal stereo systems AND hook them up.

He/She will be truly gifted in this area.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member

I keep telling everyone that this kid will have a special talent. Because I am Caucasian and she is Latina, this kid will know how to steal stereo systems AND hook them up.

Thats funny Des,at least you have someone to fix your roof or landscape your house to:-D

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Nice pickup! I have one sealed Quantergy reel I have to move. Getting rid of both the RTR's and sticking with records and the occasional CD

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
No one has done anything to help me out.

The old Mrs Des is no longer Mrs Des.

There is a new gal acting as Mrs Des now.
Sorta too bad it's not your avatar, that is HOTNESS.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

:occasion5: :lol::thumbright: That is some funny shit Matt!! Congrat's!!!

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I must have missed something. Last I heard you were selling the lot off. Now you are buying tapes again even at a good deal. What changed? There is missing information. Not being one to pry but the comments draw me in.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
You are welcome. It seems that despite training about 6 guys the only one that worked out was Dan and as you know he does an outstanding job.
I have also gotten great reviews about Gerhard in Fl was well. I have just helped him get started and I think he will be another person of great repair
abilities.
Dan, is becoming a rare thing in that he works on Nak 1000's when all the other want out. I told him that when he fixes all the items others can not that puts him above all the rest. It is great to be associated with such people and I am looking for more.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome. It seems that despite training about 6 guys the only one that worked out was Dan and as you know he does an outstanding job.
I have also gotten great reviews about Gerhard in Fl was well. I have just helped him get started and I think he will be another person of great repair
abilities.
Dan, is becoming a rare thing in that he works on Nak 1000's when all the other want out. I told him that when he fixes all the items others can not that puts him above all the rest. It is great to be associated with such people and I am looking for more.
His Garage repair area seems to be loaded with decks in different stages of repair, thank God I had a Series 11 for a donor as Nak 1000m parts are getting scarce

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
This may be true. Dan is ramping up and this month or next he will be working on Open Reel decks as I could use the help.
He does have a limited space issue but Dan can tell you that it does not matter how much space you do have. After many years the place will fill
with restoration units or parts not to mention those waiting repairs. That is why at times I hold off taking units in as I have no place to put them. There are days that I get two and three requests for repairs in and I can not get that many out every day. Just took in a 238 from UT today. It seems to never end.