face plate and handles

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Laser Etched??? If I have beat up faces, I have them blasted, powder coated and then Laser Etched otherwise, Joe has new repro 700B faces.... Laser Etched/Anodized and brushed do NOT go together. I don't believe you can Laser Etch Anodized Aluminum. At least that's what my laser dude told me. You etch into the powder coating. So, you buy a new one, or blast, powder and etch an old one.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The post you linked above is for Series II's and those are near impossible to find. If you are looking for a Series II face plate, I have NEW OLD STOCK ones but they are expensive. The Clair Brothers Faces I had made a couple years back and are long gone unless you find one of the members sitting on a couple but that's a big wish. The handles, as I told you before, are 700B handles (the Clair brothers were drilled for the 700B handles). I have the round stock handles which fit and look nice too

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
Laser Etched??? If I have beat up faces, I have them blasted, powder coated and then Laser Etched otherwise, Joe has new repro 700B faces.... Laser Etched/Anodized and brushed do NOT go together. I don't believe you can Laser Etch Anodized Aluminum. At least that's what my laser dude told me. You etch into the powder coating. So, you buy a new one, or blast, powder and etch an old one.
I did not know that laser etched/anodized and brushed do not go together.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
The post you linked above is for Series II's and those are near impossible to find. The Clair Brothers Faces I had made a couple years back and are long gone unless you find one of the members sitting on a couple but that's a big wish. The handles, as I told you before, are 700B handles (the Clair brothers were drilled for the 700B handles). I have the round stock handles which fit and look nice too
I started this thread before I had pmed you the first time seeing how the faces are unobtainium can any thing be done to make it look nicer with out ruining it? I would be interest in the round stock handles that you speak of. seeing how the face was held on with zipties and not blots or handles 2 of them broke off in shipping so I cut the last 2 off I wounder if it was racked or god forbid drilled I hope that they did not do that I will be f-ed then

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
There is no way to fix the old one without sand blasting and powder coating over the original writing. After WOPLing, who cares what the face looks like. I sold 40 of those Clair amps with many sporting the original face. They lived a rough life like most of us. Celebrate it, don't hide it.....

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
There is no way to fix the old one without sand blasting and powder coating over the original writing. After WOPLing, who cares what the face looks like. I sold 40 of those Clair amps with many sporting the original face. They lived a rough life like most of us. Celebrate it, don't hide it.....
I was thinking of hanging on the wall and having a nice face on the amp but what you have said is a much better way for me to g.o so you can put me in the group of people showing of their beatup amps even though I do not know the history of this amp who used where it came from. all I know is that the guy I got form said he got form friends that was in a bands and he thought it was stored for 25+ years.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Original Clair faceplates are patina’d nicely! Don’t hide that they were “ridden hard and put away wet”
All my WOPL Sniffer “complete WOPL’s” sport original Clair faceplates proudly!

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Original Clair faceplates are patina’d nicely! Don’t hide that they were “ridden hard and put away wet”
All my WOPL Sniffer “complete WOPL’s” sport original Clair faceplates proudly!
I am going to leave it as is. I really do not mind the all nicks scuffs and scratches but there is on spot that bugs me where the paint or what ever it is is gone.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
00404_6gxKMX9zL2O_1200x900.jpg the spot above the meter is the only thing that bugs me. there is most likely ones in way more though shape then this.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
put a BANDAID on it..... I like being different.

Or, take a magic marker and put some black to it. Many of the ones I got had the same thing but it was by the power button. When they blew them up during the show, they would give them a whack with whatever they had in their hand....

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I order them in black but I have a airbrush so HOW ABOUT LIME GREEN BRO?????? :)
I was thinking grey silver for polished or fake chrome but you are giving me more ideas again. I wonder how it would look with green knobs handles and push button caps and green cyclons instead or the red ones. by the way I really like what you did with jolly green.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
if I get any more creative I am going to have to sell some of my orgens on the black market all kidding aside I like a lot of greys silvers reds black so when the time comes just surprise me. I would not mind this thing looking like a twotone square body