just got a 700 ii

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
can some one tell me what is up with the back face plate never seen that. the serial number tell the year day week and month of production?

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
The black face plate is I believe the way Clair Brothers Audio ordered the amps from Phase Linear. Intended for pro audio, hence the 1/4 inch
input jacks. Serial numbers have nothing to do with the build year. You could look on the output transistors for a date, like 8026, provided transistors
were not replaced some time along the line.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
The black face plate is I believe the way Clair Brothers Audio ordered the amps from Phase Linear. Intended for pro audio, hence the 1/4 inch
input jacks. Serial numbers have nothing to do with the build year. You could look on the output transistors for a date, like 8026, provided transistors
were not replaced some time along the line.
I got this from a member here I do not know where he got it. as far as he knew it is all original he did power it on and put a signal in to it the meters moved but he did put speakers on it. if this really is a clair bros amp I consider my self very lucky to be part of what I think is a very excloosive club I did some reading on these and it seems that they were built a little better hotter transformers different metal for the chassis claimed to full comp. when I get the amp here is there some thing I can do to confirm it is a real clair amp

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The Zoebel resistors should be heat sinked Dales mounted to the side of the chassis above the speaker posts.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The 4 screws on the side with the speaker outs is a giveaway, those are holding the big Dales on the inside..

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
confirmed steel chassis covers machine screw and big resistors sow it is real. need power switch rebuilt or replaced when pushed dose not stay in. looks just like the pics.