Downsizing

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
His answering machine works, Jer. He's almost a neighbor to you as well.
Boy does THIS reply give me a lil bit of the creeps. Want me to go track him down, Steven? I asked this what... two weeks ago just out of curiosity.

If I knew him well enough to have his phone number TO leave a message on his answering machine OR "drop on by his abode", do you really think I'd be asking??

Geesh man, sorry.. but this post of yours goes a lil bit over my comfort zone... :shock:

Last edited:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You can Google it, Jerry. Or specifically you can find him in search and use the online white pages available to you and it's not secret.

I'm not certain how that's creepy. If it's not how you'd want to do it, I understand.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
You can Google it, Jerry. Or specifically you can find him in search and use the online white pages available to you and it's not secret.

I'm not certain how that's creepy. If it's not how you'd want to do it, I understand.
Again Steven - I don't know the guy enough to feel comfortable to impose like that. And Joe answered my question that he had heard from Mark, so that had been good enough for me. For you to imply that I should go track him down, to me, is a bit "odd"...

orange

Tagline
Track him down are your words. I have expressed interest in the complete Panavise setup he mentioned in his PDF list and was trying to find out about that. I heard after that he might be pursuing some studies.

I can find a Google result that involves a people search with a number I haven't held since 1998 (but I'm not going to register to find the last four numbers obviously). There are several people with my first name in the first or middle spot. Although I've been unlisted for over 14 years I'm sure there are places it can be found-if I either registered or paid.

I'm trying to stock a workbench and I live on less than $750 a month. Mark offered these items in a list made available to us. Should we discount this and forget about having interest?

If you hate Google, go ahead and kill it...I will support your effort in the end. I noted that you don't like the suggestion I gave and accept that. I'm not going to argue about it...it didn't do any good in the end.

That's the end of the discussion here. You have MY phone number and have called me before, and you are welcome to although there probably isn't much to merit it.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
His answering machine works, Jer. He's almost a neighbor to you as well.
Jer is offering an observation based on Marks last activity in this forum. I don't see where Jer has expressed interest in anything Mark is selling, so I see no reason for Jer to contact him.

Either give him sometime to return or google him and do your own contacting. :rabbit:

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Track him down are your words. I have expressed interest in the complete Panavise setup he mentioned in his PDF list and was trying to find out about that. I heard after that he might be pursuing some studies.

I can find a Google result that involves a people search with a number I haven't held since 1998 (but I'm not going to register to find the last four numbers obviously). There are several people with my first name in the first or middle spot. Although I've been unlisted for over 14 years I'm sure there are places it can be found-if I either registered or paid.

I'm trying to stock a workbench and I live on less than $750 a month. Mark offered these items in a list made available to us. Should we discount this and forget about having interest?

If you hate Google, go ahead and kill it...I will support your effort in the end. I noted that you don't like the suggestion I gave and accept that. I'm not hoing to argue about it...it didn't do any good in the end.

That's the end of the discussion here. You have MY phone number and have called me before, and you are welcome to although there probably isn't much to merit it.
Steven, no it's not... YOU directed the post to ME, as if you were almost "demanding" that *I* try to continue figuring out what and where Mark was. Saying crap like "he has an answering machine and you live near him" certainly implies to me that you want me to contact him, either by calling or (really??) showing up on his doorstep. I am not going to do either! My post was out of general interest, and Joe's response was good enough.

If YOU want to continue trying to contact him then by all means, nothing stopping you - but, and consider this your only warning, do so outside of this forum, and on your own. But in my opinion looking up someone's phone number that you may or probably may NOT know aside from a fellow user of a forum, then cold calling them, is in BAD TASTE, and is borderline STALKING.

Consider this reply me calling you out on it - Mark has his own reasons on why he has not responded, and those are HIS.. If he can and is willing to make contact again, that's all up to HIM, period! I will NOT stand for YOU trying to get ME involved, for THAT is exactly how I read your reply. Got it???

orange

Tagline
You're reading a lot more into the post than I ever intended to say. I called over a week ago. No answer probably answers a question tacitly and I doubt I'll hear back about it soon and have pretty much given up on the thing. I wish he had replied when I sent the initial PM and others have wondered as well. I said that he lives somewhere in your neck of the woods and wondered it you could get ahold of him.

It's not only my question. We all wish Mark would check in as we are trying to get ahold of him RE: the list items.

First Craig and now Mark...being as we like them it's puzzling and some wondered.

It's not sinister or whatever.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
You're reading a lot more into the post than I ever intended to say. I called over a week ago. No answer probably answers a question tacitly and I doubt I'll hear back about it soon and have pretty much given up on the thing. I wish he had replied when I sent the initial PM and others have wondered as well. I said that he lives somewhere in your neck of the woods and wondered it you could get ahold of him.

It's not only my question. We all wish Mark would check in as we are trying to get ahold of him RE: the list items.

First Craig and now Mark...being as we like them it's puzzling and some wondered.

It's not sinister or whatever.
Yes, I've wondered myself Steven... but aside from a PM to them and an email, that's as far as I feel it appropriate. Life situations happen, and from what I have seen that's the root cause of both folks you have mentioned.

I take it all at face value - and when/if they come back we should all welcome with open arms... but it's all up to them to do so, without any pressure from me or anyone else... Sort of like that ole "If ya love someone..." adage, yanno?? (gawd .. mush.. ugh... )

orange

Tagline
I guess I'm going to have to start a WTB/WTT post for the vise.