Does ANYBODY actually have Win 10 1903 running?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
We've all waited since before the Battle Of Hastings for this stupid thing.

orange

Tagline
Nothing I know of, I just may be LUCKY. I've read stuff from their people say you may not have to unless you really want to, and what people say are the bugs, some virtualization gets messed up etc.

This was supposed to happen in MARCH...the Insiders were having a time of it but now they say it's good...and of course the wags on Yahoo are livid about losing 7. As I thought, 7 has become the new XP.

orange

Tagline
Ironically. it's not too deadly, I suppose that it's just too foreign for some.

The computer shop guy thinks that when 1903 does install the stuff I made to work from back then will break...

One of the Linux machines I was running was shutting down because the SOUTHBRIDGE overheated quickly I was told...Sandi...she was just too hot, should have guessed.

I have a bunch of stuff going away around here Saturday when my brother in law comes to help me clear it out.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Okay, I finally found it and I'm taking one machine at a time. Crossing fingers and toes.

orange

Tagline
It's now installing, heaven help me. 15%

orange

Tagline
At 86% and it's doing strange things with the desktop links, X the a green checkmark...that's calmed down a bit. Weird.

Does take a long time like they said.

mlucitt

Soon you will the latest Big Brother applications from MS running in the background. Why else would they push 19.03? My good friend was a software developer in the old days when people wrote code instead of machines that write the code today, he said software never breaks (once it gets debugged, released, and installed).

I once ran a Windows XP machine I built from scratch including a top-of-the-line sound card with fiber optic input. I loaded Windows and did the online registration, then I quickly unplugged it from the Internet. It ran nonstop for seven years without a single issue playing music, editing music, and downloading and saving XM satellite radio music files. I ended up with 28,000 individual song files from several of their channels. Was the best computer I ever owned.

orange

Tagline
Sh!t's working and I could have slept last night but it was like making sure the baby had all of it's fingers and toes. In the end I left it to finish up at 92% and there it was.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
That! is a beautiful tripod mount.
Genuine Colt Machine Gun Company 1928 tripod.
It looked like it was dredged up from the ocean when I bought it. I could not bear to 'olive drab' the massive brass parts! I'll take my chances flashing for the incoming fire! Heh...heh
The gun is 7.62 x 51 & I have a 6 lobe crank for it. It will run around 600 rpm. Although with surplus ammo now over fifty cents a pop, it is a safe queen now.
This is SEMI auto only.

mlucitt

A competent gunsmith, could adjust the headspace on that barrel to accommodate both 7.62 x 51 and common .308 rounds as long as the barrel is safe enough to handle the higher chamber pressure (depends on the steel used and the thickness of the chamber walls). Of course, you could just leave it original...

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I built it from surplus parts. I can adjust anything on it. I have a half dozen spare new barrels for it. And you have to adjust headspace for every brand/batch of ammo. Pretty much every time I take it out to be safe.
These 1919 parts were imported back from Israel who had converted them to the NATO round. Original U.S.A would be 30-06

mlucitt

I built it from surplus parts. I can adjust anything on it. I have a half dozen spare new barrels for it. And you have to adjust headspace for every brand/batch of ammo. Pretty much every time I take it out to be safe.
These 1919 parts were imported back from Israel who had converted them to the NATO round. Original U.S.A would be 30-06
I converted my M1 Garand from .30-06 to .308 with a Shaw barrel because after a while the shoulder just got too sore after 200-300 rounds on the range. It was a dream to shoot in .308 and I had one of the last Springfield Armory spacer blocks installed below the breach to help feed the shorter rounds. Using the original 8-round clips, I never had a failure to feed. The gas from the modern .308 was about the same as a WWII .30-06. Lots of National Match parts, should have kept it. Alas, had to sell that beauty.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
This thread went 'full crap-tangent mode' fast. LMAO
Poetic justice perhaps ?

That said... I've been installing the major Windows 10 May Update numbered 1903 a soon as it was available. It 'took' better than the one a year ago...

But it's still Millennial 'new-think' and I wouldn't recommend it for the average Joe. These big roll-outs are never fully vetted before release because there are just WAY too many combinations of hardware & device drivers to cover.