docdan's Phase Linear 400 White Oak Conversion

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A 400 is not as critical as a 700 for a dedicated circuit just for it. It sould not be hooked through the pre. If your strips atr tated for 20 amps you're good. My rack has 2-30 amp dedicated breakers in the main breaker box and I wonder if that is enough sometimes...

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
A 400 is not as critical as a 700 for a dedicated circuit just for it. It sould not be hooked through the pre. If your strips atr tated for 20 amps you're good. My rack has 2-30 amp dedicated breakers in the main breaker box and I wonder if that is enough sometimes...
Im running a 30amp just for the 400 and pre and I still have meters brighten and dim a lot when I'm juicing it in the red...

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
You go Brother!!!! Crank that bitch!!!!!
Bertha don't get treated nice. I am a abusive owner lol. 2 track to play at etremley loud volumes are a band called the floozies- love sex and fancy things and primus those damn blue collar tweakers. Find those 2 songs and blast that bitch!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Jani came down to the mancave and we practiced for the concert for a few minutes........uh.....paperwork got exponentially harder.....whew......DAYAM....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Especially when they are this grungy and most have had their Amphenol connectors ripped off----your basic flowmeters....And anytime they are powered down they have to be recalibrated. And all these need battery packs and I'm a cheapass so I don't buy the packs , I buy the bare batteries and solder the harnesses on.....

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Back at it, the RCA jacks would not hold a plug with the ground spades spread so they get swapped out. Standard ED test...thanks Ed.

Attachments

docdan60

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Watching the process I am glad I sent the amp to you. I've built Dynaco kits before and a transcendent audio phono pre but those were a walk in the park compared to what I'm seeing in the pics. Can't wait to see and hear the finished product.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I agree 100%. It's cool as hell watching.. I'm no tech so it's all new to me so these build are starting to give me tid bits to go off of.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I agree 100%. It's cool as hell watching.. I'm no tech so it's all new to me so these build are starting to give me tid bits to go off of.
Me too, I enjoy the build threads a lot! I am taking baby steps understanding all this also

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I was just like you guys 5 years ago....was scared to even take the tops off...