Do Not Do Business With Splicit Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagline
Retired
They asked me if I wanted a refund but I'll see if they can deliver since I am really in no hurry now. I didn't like that they lied to PS and said they tried to help me last night (I have a time stamped email from 2pm this afternoon) so we'll see.
Nice to read you have a fix in the pipeline. Splicit is a member on TH's and it would have been in their business interest to reply to the feedback they were receiving instead of hiding from the people that supports their business.

Ron

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm not wishing to disparage anyone. They need advertising. Maintaining decorum is very important. He operates a few sites and I understand that. Being his site he has the right to do what he feels is good for the site. Same as any site.

That's all I have to say about it.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
All I got to say is Splicit sucks as a company. I've had nothing but trouble from them. They don't carry any tape. They order it and you can skip these middlemen and should if you are smart. I'll pay extra to skip these yo-yo's. When their site says "In Stock" don't believe it.. It only means it's IN STOCK from where they buy it at and drop ship it to you.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I cannot express with any degree of accuracy, just how much I've been savoring all this vindication over the last two to three years on a multiplicity of issues, some of which goes back to the very beginning of the TH days. All of which I was initially mocked, dismissed, flamed, and told I was crazy-and that's putting it nicely. Yet as time marches on, it's turning out I was both prescient and right all along on just one thing after another. Among them: The LPR-35 issue, ATR coming out with a 1.0 mil tape, this Splicit issue, and a few other things-including that of some individuals- that I'm not going to get into here-some feelings are still too sensitive. The silence on this from pretty much....everyone...speaks for itself.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
OK, Makes sense. It can take a long time to get others to believe your problems as they just do not have them at that time. Things will get figured out in the end. Kind of like I found out at TH once Matt left- they are more money hungry and less friendly. I do not post there anymore but I may help people by PM's. I don't have time to donate anymore not that a lot of them pay attention anyway. They are being led by the blind now and some of the stuff that gets spouted out is just rubbish.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Community is what we make of it. I hope Sam reconsiders abandoning the TH community. One can over come some of the respect issues by focusing responses to specific brands/problems. We all hope the vendors and sponsors look out for forum members. Like any other service, sometimes it bogs down and fails to deliver as expected. I'd say the bar is pretty low when you look at hundreds of Marrs threads, so the question is, how much slack should any company or person receive?

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
They have one moderator that likes to kick people off. He is in Washington state and he banned a few people I hear. I do not spend too much time over there except to answer some PM that I send out. Otherwise I am no longer there for all practical purposes. I had enough of their stupidity.
I am not saying that Matt was right in all his complaints- He was kicked off and I never knew the reason why. There is a lot of stuff that goes on in the background. Well one places loss is another gain I would say.

Tagline
Retired
They have one moderator that likes to kick people off. He is in Washington state and he banned a few people I hear. I do not spend too much time over there except to answer some PM that I send out. Otherwise I am no longer there for all practical purposes. I had enough of their stupidity.
I am not saying that Matt was right in all his complaints- He was kicked off and I never knew the reason why. There is a lot of stuff that goes on in the background. Well one places loss is another gain I would say.
I stay away from those situations that gets members on someone's bad side. Most of the time you read in the thread where they have been warned. I don't agree where they let some threads go on when people want to bash a vender. Those kind of threads probably should be kept out of the public domain. I contacted P.S. about a year after Matt was banned to see if he would reinstate Matt. I received a lengthy reply that the reasons Matt was banned was personal and most of what went on between P.S. and Matt was behind the scenes. In closing, he thanked me for my request and concern but at the time he didn't want to chance another blowout.

Since I got rid of most of my Pioneer and Marantz gear I don't post much anymore, mostly because Pioneer gear was so respected and I only have one complete Pioneer system left and that one may go this year. The techs over there are a valued commodity and it would be sad to see one leave. Without the techs on the site, I have some gear that would be sitting idle in the junk pile.

Stick around Sam, your knowledge is a valuable asset between PHX. & TH's.

Ron

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I will stick around other places but TH is over. Due to my signature, if people want to find me it is not hard to do. People that were never on these forums find me in droves and thus my situation, Dan has found out what I am talking about in his little cassette deck business. Soon he will have enough equipment to work on for three Techs. I think it happen to us all as Tom would know.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Politics isn't just about Democrats, Republicans, and Affirmative Action. It goes way, way beyond that. It's personal too. An example would be ones thoughts on being protective of an industry/business/individual irrespective of any elements of right or wrong. A perfect example of this would be "Being supportive of anyone who makes and/or sells tape in the 21st Century". Another would be attacking someone who tries to press charges against your kid even though that person has video of said kid burglarizing a house and slashing someones tires.

There's a reason PS went in and quietly added and changed a few things to his TOS.

Some people just don't like this, not because, as they like to cover it up with, 'we don't want the drama', but the real reason being because it's a threat to their loyalties and alliances. And personal politics.

That's all I'm gonna say.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
No, we don't want the fucking drama here. period.. end of story. And on that note, thread closed. Any further violations of the one fucking simple rule we have will result in administrative action taken. Last warning..

Status
Not open for further replies.