Do Not Do Business With Splicit Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The most unhelpful, snide, sarcastic, and rude people I've ever dealt with. Roger in particular. If the rest of the company is otherwise solid and reputable, then Roger is the one who is going to run it straight into the ground.

Plenty of competition exists. I am also urging Recording The Masters to reconsider using Splicit as an approved dealer.

Thank you.

Attachments

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
The only thing I bought from Splicit was foil sensing tape. Good stuff but $10 for 10 feet got too expensive. I found TME branded foil tape elsewhere from US Recording 2 years ago that was about twice the price but you got 54 feet. Received 2 rolls and just about to start using the second one. I did have occasion to call Splicit once and spoke to a woman. No attitude and she answered my question. I have had no dealings with them since. Can't knock the product or the service I received but their prices are high.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I think I got a lot of my reel stuff from you, actually :)

shotwell

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Wow...I'm actually surprised to hear that. I've spoken many times with Roger and the conversations have been pleasant.

What happened?

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The short summarized version is that I made repeated attempts to buy some tape from them. Their sites checkout interface has glitches in it that even though it's advertised, does not actually allow to complete a PayPal payment. I went through all sorts of troubleshooting including clearing my cache, making sure my settings are correct, etc. All is good on my end inasmuch as I am not having any issues of any kind with any other site. Only them. Only. With. Them.

A long email chain complete with screenshots pointing out where the flaws lie were met with dismissive sarcasm and suggestions that I "just keep trying, just keep trying".

Well this was becoming just too much hassle. So pleaded with them to either please fix it or maybe bill me with a PayPal invoice. Roger offered something similar but his method was too tedious.

Roger started interjecting some real snide and sarcastic remarks. I finally decided I was done. They really didn't offer any help that could've been considered useful and to be quite honest, came across as having a bit of a stick up his ass.

That's the short gist of it. I compiled and chronicled all of this in much more comprehensive detail on my FB group. But in a nutshell-it was the unreasonably difficult (and futile) attempt to make a purchase combined with Rogers caustic attitude that seriously turned me off to them.

orange

Tagline
I've had more luck arranging to buy stuff at the beginning of the month with USPS money orders...well, sheesh, most of a couple bike projects 4 used records, parts for 2 turntables this year and 4 altogether since November...and a lot of vintage NOS cassettes. Soon I'll be able to use the Sony PS-4300 Ron sold me and I can already fix the arm rest but the bottom cover got lost and nowit's coming.

Hopefully a bunch of used ones for shipping only that Derek will share in as well. Also another badly needed TV/FM line amp (radio Shack cat. no. 15-113A, my favorite) to separate the TV and FM on thelong bedroom run for good and not have to twist the gain knob and switch the FM trap on and off to get three of the TV channels.

Maybe enough to buy mom flowers and a meal next week for what would have been mom and dad's 50th anniversary...

I don't know how I do it but I let others deal with the Paypal for me, I'll never get that. I can pay my own debts.

But I've never had Paypal. Not in 11 years on eBay. If the seller has a store outside eBay/bricks and mortar I'll go there to buy.

Last edited:
Tagline
Retired
The most unhelpful, snide, sarcastic, and rude people I've ever dealt with. Roger in particular. If the rest of the company is otherwise solid and reputable, then Roger is the one who is going to run it straight into the ground.

Plenty of competition exists. I am also urging Recording The Masters to reconsider using Splicit as an approved dealer.

Thank you.

Matt, I'm surprise to read how forcibly you have come out against Splicit. I' have purchased all my LPR-35 from them. Some on reels and the rest are pancakes. Their service was excellent and received my orders within five days. Hopefully you have changed your opinion during the past year.

Ron

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I have had no problems at all with this company over many orders. I think you need to approach a problem in a different way to not cause them to be offensive to you. I was put on the phone with upset customers all the time at Teac to try and explain things and get them settled down. Most of the time I was successful but there are some that you will never satisfy and these people may be called Bi Polar now but we had another name for them back then. I met the same thing in the Police department and some of them ended up in Bracelets.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Old crap should stay old & in the bottom drawer. Just sayin...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I was withholding Judgement but I am already having issues with my first order. I can't figure this one out:

Stock Status:In Stock
Availability:: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks

The shit is in stock, but it takes them 2 friggin weeks to ship??? Also, if the are going to wait 1-2 weeks to ship shit that is "In Stock", why would the offer 3 day shipping????????

Either way, the shit they did ship, has not made it and it has been 5 days (I paid for 3 day). I won't use them again

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Every company has it's problem. Maybe they are drop shipping some items and so the rely on RTM or another company which also has delays and personnel problems. Like Marrs which has had many mad customers they are only 1 or 2 people running this. I know how it is as I am only 1.
You can not always have light speed from limited resource organizations. The postal system with all of it staff still loses packages and delivers stuff to people that are NOT the customers that bought it. In the end it does no good to complain and people will buy from them regardless of this post- I always get my stuff on time but we may be ordering entirely different products. If you look up other sources they will also have complaints attached to them as well. There just is not 100 suppliers anymore. I prefer to not burn bridges at this point as you never know when you might need a favor.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well, you can SPECULATE, all you want. Shitty service is shitty service. If you can't make your commitments, time to analyze what you are doing and reset your goals. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so if enough customers complain, something will happen sooner or later. You dont like to burn your bridges, I myself? I learned to swim..... There are more corners of the internet to try so that's what I'll do. If my dollar don't mean shit to them oh well, they won't get it.

Tagline
Retired
There is a conversation running on TH's right now about Splicit and their difficulties regarding slow shipping. Pacific has commented a couple of times and has said he would try to find out what is causing the disruption with their slow shipping.

I find these types of current problems with vendors that provide products to the audio market disheartening since they are dealing with a very small entity in the overall retail market. Hopefully this is just a short term problem that Splicit is having and they can get it corrected and keep their customer base happy. However, the lack of communication from Splicit to their customers is unacceptable and will do them possible unrepairable loss to their customer base. A small company like Splicit can't take to many negative hits from their customers and expect to survive in this niche market.

Ron

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
There is a conversation running on TH's right now about Splicit and their difficulties regarding slow shipping. Pacific has commented a couple of times and has said he would try to find out what is causing the disruption with their slow shipping.

I find these types of current problems with vendors that provide products to the audio market disheartening since they are dealing with a very small entity in the overall retail market. Hopefully this is just a short term problem that Splicit is having and they can get it corrected and keep their customer base happy. However, the lack of communication from Splicit to their customers is unacceptable and will do them possible unrepairable loss to their customer base. A small company like Splicit can't take to many negative hits from their customers and expect to survive in this niche market.

Ron

The dude locked the thread after I commented. His reply made NO SENSE before he locked it.

Tagline
Retired
P.S. closed the thread. He spoke with Roger (Splicit) and P.S. posted that who ever was complaining to contact Roger. P.S. will close threads sometimes when members forget where they left their manners. People will reply to threads when they don't have a dog in the race. I hope whoever had the problem they do as was directed to get their problem solved. Splicit has always received positive reviews on TH's and it would be a shame if one isolated incident was to damage a vendor's reputation.

P.S. rarely will close a thread because of negative feedback. He will delete a post on occasion and comment why he did it. He has a lot of patience with the members and will put up with a lot, but when a member gets sideways of him he acts quickly, not with malice but because he wants to keep the forum an enjoyable place to hang out and enjoy the vast amount of information that can be useful to people. If he bands a member its generally only for a few days to get their attention. This only happens after he has warned a member behind the scenes. Its never done in an open forum where everybody can read about the reason. The only time I've ever seen a member band and it was open for a comment was several years ago. After everyone had an opportunity to comment, he shut the thread down.

If he deleted your post without comment, I would suggest you send him a private message on TH's. He will reply to any question you have.

The dude locked the thread after I commented. His reply made NO SENSE before he locked it.

Ron

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Ha... yer funny

I would hate to be band.... (Banned for most folks) Band is what you do to birds :)

Even if he were to ban somebody for giving their bad experience with a vendor, What does that accomplish besides giving them a chance to give bad service to another person. They still didn't explain why they have "In Stock" Ships in 1-2 weeks and then offer 3 day shipping...

Tagline
Retired
Ha... yer funny

I would hate to be band.... (Banned for most folks) Band is what you do to birds :)

Even if he were to ban somebody for giving their bad experience with a vendor, What does that accomplish besides giving them a chance to give bad service to another person. They still didn't explain why they have "In Stock" Ships in 1-2 weeks and then offer 3 day shipping...

I can't make any excuses for Splicit. Just a theory, but maybe they didn't estimate an influx of business and didn't have the stock on hand. Another thought, maybe they are under-capitalized and unable to restock especially since the complaints seem to go back to the xmas holidays.

Regardless of their problem, failure to keep their customers informed of the delays is a poor way to run a business.

I can only speak to my experience with Splicit . I've made four purchases through the years which consisted of tape and accessories and all orders were received within a week. For the service I received, I'd give them an A+. I hope they can get this problem resolved quickly and keep their customers informed of any delays in the future if they expect to stay in business.

Ron

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
They asked me if I wanted a refund but I'll see if they can deliver since I am really in no hurry now. I didn't like that they lied to PS and said they tried to help me last night (I have a time stamped email from 2pm this afternoon) so we'll see.

orange

Tagline
They don't want to lose advertisers, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.