Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have a 1986 Sony CDP-30 that works fine but I need to fix the peekaboo door eventually.

Tagline
---
WHITE LITHIUM GREASE for the gearwork, and light household oil for the shafts. that should resuscitate your CDP's tray mechanism to full like new order.
belt replacement will probably not even be necessary...

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
Super Cool but don't know it.
Bidding on Ebay for dbx DX5

With little over an hour left I have the lead on Ebay for a DX5. got my fingers crossed and auto bid set to near what I am willing to pay. I sounds like such a cool deck and i need a new one.:roll:

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Good luck Ric. If a member is going after something the rest of us kinda back off. Let us know sooner next time...cause there's a few here you might be butting heads with...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
premiumplus (Dave) will comment on that....I think he paid considerably more for his...

Northwinds

Tagline
Good price for an online auction. I paid $10 for mine, got the manual, the rare rack ears AND the remote. I am enjoying mine now as we type. Hopefully you will get it in good working condition because it will put a BIG shiteating grin on your face. I never heard a better sounding just plain old CD player and I have owned some seriously expensive ones in the past

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
I was all set to buy a DVD Player with Digital out and a DAC when I stumbled onto this thread about the D5X. The control options on it intrigued me so I started to look around. This unit sounds like something you can tune and use as a tool. This is a whole lot better option for me as I was looking at spending upwards if $700 on a the player/DAC combo. That is more than 50% of what I have in my entire system. Of course I bought most of it in the 70's. I should receive it the first of next week so we will see haw it pans out.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I had a Teac cassette/CD player combo before I joined Phoenix. Thanks to the founders Larrt and Jer I was exposed to some Onix CD players....boy did my life change....simply an amazing difference...then an Oppo CD/DVD player...again an upgrade...I originally thought a CD player was a CD player, could not be further from the truth...

Ric27

Journeyman
Tagline
My D5X is on the UPS truck in my neighborhood as I type. Now the work begins. I have to remove a ton of stuff out of my absurdly huge Hi Fi cabinet and move it away from the wall to disconect the old Deck. Think I will rethink my connection set for future changes.

IMG_0485.jpg

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I had a Teac cassette/CD player combo before I joined Phoenix. Thanks to the founders Larrt and Jer I was exposed to some Onix CD players....boy did my life change....simply an amazing difference...then an Oppo CD/DVD player...again an upgrade...I originally thought a CD player was a CD player, could not be further from the truth...
I didn't need to read this lol. I'm using a cheapo Sony bluray as my CD player. Maybe I should be looking for something else!!

Northwinds

Tagline
Jason, the DX5 is a great cd player. It will not play any mp3's or other formats. I have heard of people modding these for other formats but that is way above my knowledge of how to. It would be interesting if someone did one up here

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I've nvr had any GOOD cdp. All mine have been cheapo's. I nvr realized you could tell a big diff in cdp's. Till I was reading this am.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Hello Ric.
Nice wall man.It just shouts the 60's. I even spot a photo of a street rod? A or T coupe? Good luck with your new cd player. I'm still
thinking of a new one to buy also. We joined up the same day bud, I was looking for PL700 info. I think we both came to the right place.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I really always loved the keep on truckin logo!! Honestly until I got the avatar for here I didn't realize how much stuff he's done. I looked online and there is so much awesome stuff. And he's a 1 of a kind. As soon as I seen urs I new it was same guy's work. Kinda like willie Nelson you can't mistake his voice or his guitar playin. He's my fav artist and I didn't even know it till a few months ago lol...

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Crumb really hit the big time with the cover art for the Holding Company (Janis Joplin).
And Fritz The Cat (X-rated cartoon).
Sorry Ric for the hyjack.

Last edited: