Dazen’s Digest

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
That is good to know.

It is a shame that we live in a society where things are so disposable. I can't imagine too many people buying consumer electronics these days and keeping them for 10 years. Nearly everybody wants to upgrade their mobile phone/tablet/TV/PVR etc every five minutes.

Then again, seeing that most stuff is cheaply made in some distant land it probably wouldn't last 10 years anyway!
This is so true, i still have a CRT TV which still works great and i never thought to trash it even if bought a modern one in the meanwhile,,, i know what you mean about replacing the phone with every occasion, and i did that since recently but i stopped, i use now a very basic Nokia with no camera and i feel so happy with, i'm not affraid anymore that the big LCD display can scratch or crash while using,,,simple things are sometimes much better :evil1:

Dazen1

Veteran and General Yakker
This is so true, i still have a CRT TV which still works great and i never thought to trash it even if bought a modern one in the meanwhile,,, i know what you mean about replacing the phone with every occasion, and i did that since recently but i stopped, i use now a very basic Nokia with no camera and i feel so happy with, i'm not affraid anymore that the big LCD display can scratch or crash while using,,,simple things are sometimes much better :evil1:
I really miss my old CRT television...

The worst thing is that there was nothing wrong with it when I traded it for a slimmer model. The new unit looks better and sounds better but the picture is inferior.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman

The worst thing is that there was nothing wrong with it when I traded it for a slimmer model. The new unit looks better and sounds better but the picture is inferior.
I kept mine for nostalgic reasons as long i received it as a bonus from the store i worked, in plus i do like rounded screen design and not flat and square corners,,, and it does have a great image :p

Pic not mine:

You might reconsider buying another one :cyclopsani:

Miracle Mile

Miles, you should buy one too if you don't have it already :cyclopsani:. Hey, you just bought and use a 30+ y.o. table, i'm spinning one too, we're in big trouble ... :toothy10:
The table is just an additive, nothing more.

B.t.w: Saw some original Pussycat albums in a thriftstore yesterday; 50 eurocents each...... :toothy10:

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
The table is just an additive, nothing more.

B.t.w: Saw some original Pussycat albums in a thriftstore yesterday; 50 eurocents each...... :toothy10:
Miles, i don't need any Pussycat anymore, i have the entire work of them in 24bit wav audio playing them all the way, day and night... :toothy10: :laughing9:and they have better dresses too... :confused2:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I really don't understand the love of CRT televisions here and on other forums. I LOVE the absence of scan lines, and I don't miss the weight of those old CRT machines either. My wife had one so heavy that I feared for the furniture...we sold it on CL and the buyer carried it out to his car by himself, with me running to open the front door in time, marveling at the man's strength...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I still have a 1963 RCA Victor B/W 19" New Vista, Kamakiri of AK gave it to me in better daze and I still give her an occasional spin despite the fading picture tube.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable

If you were stateside they are as common as dirt and usually end up in the FREE section of Craigslist, where, as with CRT computer monitors, nobody will pay for them but the smart will take them away.

The ONE HDTV I was given was not very good with off the air broadcasts (and I swear it looked better on the two remaining analog LPTVs at the time) but looked good on my friend's cable so I sold it to them for $125. Now my 80s 17" Trinitron is starting to have problems with the reds not converging (which CAN'T be the Sony's fault, it has ONE GUN).

I still have THREE-two Zeniths and one Sony-CRT PROJECTORS...

Dazen1

Stockholm syndrome

@Lazarus Short: You make a good point about the weight of those CRT televisions.

I'd still rather watch Kubrick on an old JVC than Miley Cyrus on a new LED...

_______________________________________________​

Anybody looking for a new house in Stockholm?

Stockholm House Equalizer