Da Move ... The Perks of Exiting California ...

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Finally did a full-on grocery shop, at Kroger. The local big box.

What we took home would have cost us an easy two C-notes and a half on the left coast.

Only threw down $160.
Winning !

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I think I manage on about $100 myself and most of that is meats. Meat isn't really cheap anywhere here and Albertsons has to have it marked 30-50% off half the time to afford steak or pork chops.

Have to live with that or Grocery Outlet, and I do. I avoid needing to use a food bank all fall and into the new year because it will really suck for everyone else, and I make it with the stocked up food.

Can't wait for Friday, I get to grocery shop.

The nearest Fred Meyer is 35 miles away and my mother says she doesn't care for that, she goes to Winco.

Glad you have found a good grocery. That is step one to getting the rest of your home going strong.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Finally did a full-on grocery shop, at Kroger. The local big box.

What we took home would have cost us an easy two C-notes and a half on the left coast.

Only threw down $160.
Winning !
You tired of winning yet Tony :)

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Tony.....did ya look back when ya left???????????
Nope. We were happy to be on the move and looking forward ... down the road.

The first night of the road trip we made it to Barstow. Hadn't been there in decades. It was cool ...

but driving through Bakersfield was a nightmare earlier in the evening and it's a jungle now that smells like a sour arm-pit.

Last edited:

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
:blob7::laughing6::blob6: Rock on bro!! Hope all is well in the new home! I can only hope that CA either drops into the ocean or, becomes part of the snowflake liberal Canada freaks :toothy10:

Good riddance to bad rubbish as my Gramps used to say! Or, if ya see trash pick it up!! :pirate:

NavLinear

:blob7::laughing6::blob6: Rock on bro!! Hope all is well in the new home! I can only hope that CA either drops into the ocean or, becomes part of the snowflake liberal Canada freaks :toothy10:

Good riddance to bad rubbish as my Gramps used to say! Or, if ya see trash pick it up!! :pirate:
Thanks Craig.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
LOL, I was just thinking that, fuck our Cali friends right? Not too mention Arizona is about to become a Liberal State!

On a side note, finding anything good Craig? I have not seen a decent Hot Wheel on the pegs in quite awhile!!! Freaking blows up here

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's good to hear you are happy with your move, Tony. Seems like a lot less stress in so many different ways since moving there.

Craig: Still loving it up here in snowflake-liberal-country with a few of my freaky friends, like Doug, Ben, Glen, and others.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Take off! To the Great White North!
Take off! It's a beauty way to go.

Swing that Pimp Stick, Nando

Oh whatever.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
It's good to hear you are happy with your move, Tony. Seems like a lot less stress in so many different ways since moving there.

Craig: Still loving it up here in snowflake-liberal-country with a few of my freaky friends, like Doug, Ben, Glen, and others.

Nando.
Thanks man.

Life is Good.jpg

NavLinear

Sounds like all is well down south Tony.

Nando.
You northern freaky snowflakes are some of my favorite people. All are invited to hang down south anytime!

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Nope. We were happy to be on the move and looking forward ... down the road.

The first night of the road trip we made it to Barstow. Hadn't been there in decades. It was cool ...

but driving through Bakersfield was a nightmare earlier in the evening and it's a jungle now that smells like a sour arm-pit.
Had the pleasure of staying in Bakersfield for a bit a few years back. You gave it justice.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Ya'll are more than entitled to your liberal opinions, we've had many, many discussions here on politics. I've made my points very clear. Sure, some of them have pissed folks off here, guess what? I Don't care!! I do care that many of my friends no longer care if I live or die or, even hang out here anymore. I am open to discussing things up in 'the cave' with some, others I will not give the time of day to.

I was using the 'Canadian freaks' in a general term, if that is beyond your grasp of thought, read a book, I'm not stupid enough to miss the fact that conservatives live everywhere and that WE are not always right! When a huge portion of a large populated area starts enforcing laws that undermine authority something is wrong...Sanctuary States/cities. Yep, I understand we are all not on the same page, my Momma raised a faggot and not a fool :tongue:

If I say :thefinger: liberals, I mean just that, you are not the Elite/ist or even close, I struggle with the thinking of my many beloved friends and relatives as they expound, over and over why 'THEY' are right and 'WE' are wrong...WTF??? Neither of us has the answers, DOH!!!