Control board

Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
[QUOTE="Additionally, there was a low distortion mod that Phase Linear first used on the 300 series II amplifiers (see R118 and C108 on the 300 II schematic) that they eventually used on some later 700 series II fully comp amp PL-36 pc boards. This involves removing the 120pF cap (C106/C206) that is in series with the 12K ohm resistor (R128/R129) next to Q106/Q206 and installing a 56pF cap in parallel with the 12K ohm resistor. This will greatly reduce the classic crossover notch and THD levels (particularly at lower volume levels) that you see with many Phase Linear amps (at 1kHz, 1 watt, 8 ohms). In which case the bias should be adjusted to approximately 385mV (which also works better when the 10 ohm resistors are nearer the nominal value of 10 ohms). .[/QUOTE]
Updated Thanks Ed

Attachments

Tagline
Three year old thread. Don't know if Ed is still around. Hope so.
Talked to him Last Week, He moved to the East Coast , He had a lot of semi trucks to delivery everything, He also joked that the truck drivers said Wow you got a lot of Heavy furniture and he LOL and said that not furniture! :)

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Talked to him Last Week, He moved to the East Coast , He had a lot of semi trucks to delivery everything, He also joked that the truck drivers said Wow you got a lot of Heavy furniture and he LOL and said that not furniture! :)
West coast to east coast, quite a move man.

Tagline
I'm sure many of us will be lined up at his door to help...and no beer&pizza required!
Really like to thank Ed for his Help,

He talked to me for a very long time and shared a lot of his knowledge.
he said he has not come to this forum for a long time,
I think he would have really liked your comment ;)

I think he said he moved to Connecticut.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Where in CT? I'm here too! (and the state's not that big)
Ed told me he is in the NW part of the state, the swanky area evidently (cannot recall the town but may have it in an email). I think he told me his wife's family is situated in that area.

Bridgewater CT

Last edited: