Christmas always starts in Summer...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Thank you, Father, you have once again demonstrated the blessings of charity and honor :smile:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
My pleasure to do this for you, Scott. I mailed your package today, so expect to see it arrive by Thursday, Dec.17th.

Nando.

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
I got my CD and tape in the mail a little while back. I wanted to say Thanks a whole bunch!

The ol' lady saw the package and shouted "you got something phase linear again"! And gave me the "What did you spend money on NOW? More speaker stuff"? look on her face. I simply stated if she READ the package; it was from Phoenix. Not Phase Linear.....she gets herself so worked up. Besides....the later would make no sense.

As always I am thrilled to listen to an amazing collection of music given to me by such a Phantastic Phorum, and this year dedicated to a man who I did not really know. As I was but a newbie while he was still alive. Yet I find it a privilige to posess a covetted Phoenix Audio Tape. Thank you so much.

I hope everyone has a pleasant holiday.

orange

Tagline
Still two more to send...and thank you for all the really swell comments!

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I've been enjoying the CD today! Thank you so much- nice work. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Joe

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Good man - you? Working, healthy & enjoy the lack of snow here in New Hampsha!

By the way, has anyone checked on Carly?

orange

Tagline
One got there with the CD almost broken in half by evil anti-elves, so if you get one damaged please PM me and I'll point you towards a download of the tracks and graphics to assemble it, complete with instructions.

Still have two...if they don't get out by USPS tomorrow (first-class) they'll be late and FedEx will have to be employed.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Listened to the Christmas CD which was sent to me and while setting up the Charlie Brown tree. I liked the mix a lot (I think I could skip Family guy's singing) and what was strange was that my ol lady, who is picky, really dug it too. Thanks to all who had an input.

orange

Tagline
Family guy?

Every song on that CD is pretty much pre-2000 (Run-DMC was included on A Very Special Christmas, mind you and the oldest is getting on 75 years old).

By the way, I chose every song on the CD. A lot of them came from files sent by Web and the late Freddy1 of Tapeheads (which in turn was a compilation he had put together when he sent a REALLY LARGE hard drive).

Last edited:

braxus

Journeyman
Many thanks to both Steven and Nando! Got my tape and disc picked up today. Will listen to it soon. And with a Phoenix tape too! I'll make the recording onto the tape to make it official.

orange

Tagline
There just ain't no time to get the last two out to anyone in time for Christmas now...

Batting .975 was pretty admirable tho'.

I guess that next year it will be 1.000 with downloading...

I don't have a performance bonus clause like a pitcher...

I only have a Santa Clause.

Get ready to have your dinner and prepare to make sure your 2016 comes in a little foggy from your favorite libations, folks.

This is your Rebel Elf saying, It's been surreal.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It looks like the last two went unclaimed. I'll wait a few more days then I guess they're my Christmas present.

If you want 'em late and didn't get one you should chime in. PM me now and I'll send you the web address of the full download and graphics JPEG files to build your own, complete with instructions and I'll send the tape later.

I've only got two, first come first served on the tapes and next year we go exclusively to downloads under out present plans. I'm working on some aspect of that right now, I'll get back to Lee and Doug on what I find later.