Christmas always starts in Summer...

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Here's a link to the latest figures, from October 10th. It looks like I moved from the frying pan into the fire, seeing the figures for Carlsbad versus Kansas City. Rats. No locations are particularly close to Ontario, Oregon.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/10/10/your-radiation-this-week-no-25/

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Santa Claus flies where the ozone layer is crap and he don't care, mac.

orange

Tagline
PS Half of that reading is from DTV stations and compounded by EPA bans on lead lined jogging suits.

orange

Tagline
OKAY!

Everything is in play or on the way and the packages will be ready to send by the end of the month.

Some of you got a PM and could you please respond ASAP/PDQ?

Larry Christmas is coming!

Dazen1

I have had a couple of PM discussions with Steven and will offer some limited help with the European mailings.

If this is to continue in the future, I would suggest that you try and get the numbers down. It can't be right sending out stuff to guys who hardly ever participate on the board.

Furthermore, if funds are tight, you should consider confining this to North American members only. Common sense ought to prevail in these situations.

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

I didn't have the opportunity to answer all the PM's send by Steven to me over the last week.
Due to lots of different activities lately I'm not online that much as I did in the past, but in this case I totally agree to what Daren stated in his post below.

orange

Tagline
UMMM...did I explain the economy of this well enough? Or the reason?

Okay, I will explain.

I was challenged to bring this project in on a budget. I accepted that. This year isn't like the others, it was meant to be in memory of Larry. There is one piece reflecting his legacy and that wouldn't have been there otherwise had he survived.

It took a lot of negotiations and figuring things out...that's not out of the ordinary. The final component of the packages is coming soon and I will be able to finish the packages and get ready to send them.

Now, the cost for the postage of the US mailings is about $3 each. A normal card and CD only mailing cost about $2.25 but that was about 2 or 3 postage increases ago. The main trick to get them out inexpensively is to keep them machine sortable for USPS...otherwise they are somewhat more expensive.

At this time $3 a piece for the US is a pretty good price, considering the contents and packaging. Pretty damned good, in fact.

There are between 60-65 packages for the US.

There are maybe six for Canada.

For Europe somewhere between 5-8 and OZ/NZ 3 or 4.

Miles. I'm even packing your replacement Synth Challenge tape with yours. I remember how dismayed you were about the cost to send the last one and it was cheaper to send a BOX of 6 entire mailings to Canada, maybe similar for Europe.

THAT ISN'T THE POINT.

The point was that I did this especially to try and honor the man who jumpstarted my stereo and taping hobby at a time when I couldn't find enough new tape worth an affordable beam and made me happy...he cared about me about like a son and always asked what they gave me for medications etc...

This year I just had to get it done for him. The last one didn't make it there until after he had passed away, which made me feel sad on top of feeling sad enough.

So there is a part of his legacy in every envelope this time, and there never will be again. If I've gotten you upset about something, I'm very sorry but I've done what I knew to do. Lee and I floated some ideas about regional distribution for the last couple years...I had to try and figure it out this time from necessity.

You bring up the question of why I want to send to a person or three that doesn't post much anymore.

The honest answer is that I LIKE those persons and maybe some will visit more often, maybe you guys ribbed a couple others a bit much, maybe God only knows where one is...but they have been part of this family during it's history and most of them do post now and then. There is no real hard and fast rule about this for me, it's a guideline. Some people are really gone from our ranks, I didn't include them as it's been two years or more.

And some people just joined recently and came charging from the gate, they still post regularly. I'm still waiting for Des_Lab to give me an address...there is no crap floating about here and we have all grown older and wiser.

I've spent my own money to get supplies and get started and it I want to spend some more it's mainly my prerogative...all of my bills are in for November and I certainly have enough to do that. If you really want proof I will be glad to send you the budget numbers. I'm not worried about it, I bought more than enough food and supplies, repaired both of my bikes and I'll be ready for the up[coming winter, all the people I owe will be paid in full and that means the rest of the RT-707 as well.

So please. There is NO DIFFERENCE between North American members, Africans, Europeans, Australasians or Marvin the Martian, IF HE JOINED PHOENIX. No sacrifices, I don't even care for Mom to do that anymore...she's worth it as much as you.

This was a first time for me. I'm not sure there's another CD in me next year but you'll get a card if I do this again.

I'm practically done now, let's get done. The next Rose Parade is planned from the day after and I did about the same.

Okay, that's about all I had to say. It's not too deadly to me.

Rebel Elf

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I still have some work to do before I can finish estimating foreign postage, a blood draw for lab tests I had to fast 12 hours for and I have a ride coming as it's RAINING GOOD. I hope it dries up for a couple daze as I still need to paint the nine-hole rear rack for my Schwinn to match the previous one that had the collar rust and crack. Later

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Things aren't as bad as I originally thought. Let me know what the totals are Steve, I'll cover it. We wouldn't want to put anyone out over a simple gift...PM the totals Steve...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Doug and I are working on a plan to have all the Canadian members gifts sent to Doug in one package, and he and I would share the mailing of the recipients their gifts. I just want to make sure all the Canadian members are accounted for as I didn't see Rob (Whoreo) on the list.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
I need that one...and Grapplesaw I gather... if you guys can offer anything about addresses I would dig that.

I'm trying to relax and take care of myself...my systolic blood pressure was ~160 when I went to the practitioner's office, my arm gave no blood and I'm going back to check it again and discuss returning to hypertension medication that we stopped after LOW pressure problems last summer. (80/46, no wonder I was trying to pass out and lucky I made it to the NP's office and got her attention when she was closed.

orange

Tagline
The last element is now here.

I have work to do.

orange

Tagline
PRODUCTION.jpg PRODUCTION *ALL 80 OR SO, AS OF NOW...TOYS ARE EASY : )

orange

Tagline
All ready to go but for a few more address labels! Went to Subway and my friend bought me a 12"...I had pulled pork, roast beef shredded blend and peppercorn cheese, lots of pickles, red onion, olives and tomatoes with chipotle sauce and toasted after that, Lays Greektown Gyro chips, pop and a chocolate chip cookie to celebrate...:hello1: